Date

Mateo P.O.V

I was exhausted when I finished the first training with Lucas and my brother. I was sweating like never I had before and realized I was late for my surprise date with Liam.

"Shit! I need to go !" I said while running to the bathroom.

Being so close to Lucas for hours made me incredibly uncomfortable with the project. At least, his hands were on my hips, and there was no kiss.
I took a shower, tried to put decent clothes on, and even put on perfume!

I was ready just in time and received a text from Jay.

"I'm here"

"Coming !" I replied before running out of my house.

I climbed inside Jay's car, and he started to drive.

"Woah! Never I thought I would smell perfume on you !" He said, visibly containing his laughter.

"What? Did I put too much? I don't know tell me !" I panicked.

"No don't worry! You're so cute when you're in love" he replied.

"Shut up! I would love to see more of you and Lara mister 'I have no balls to do anything' I remind you" I shot back.

"So what's your plan once I dropped you off at the hotel ?"

"We'll go to my favorite restaurant, and spent some time in the park right next to it. It's simple but effective" I explained.

"Well, it's simple that for sure"

"It's not about doing incredible things. I think he just needs to talk, and I want to be here for him, make him understand I'm ready to listen"

"You really are perfect together," Jay said.

"Wait, we are not together"

"He really likes you. I noticed it from the beginning" He affirmed.

I stayed silent. I didn't know what to say, and I wasn't sure Jay was really honest at that moment.

"You should have seen him when you sang that night. He was literally mesmerized by your voice" he added with a smirk.

"Ok, I get it" I replied, showing my annoyance.

We finally arrived at the hotel, in Downtown Denver.

"Well, have a nice date" Jay nicely said.

"Thanks again for the ride"

I climbed out and quickly entered into the hall. I went to the reception.

"Hi, I would like to know Liam Moore's room number please" I politely asked.

"You are ?"

"Mateo Wilson"

She stopped for a few moments, checked something on her computer, and finally responded.

"Room 504, fifth floor"

I thanked her and took the stairs. Once in front of it, I stopped for a few seconds and knocked.
A shirtless Liam opened the door and immediately showed his surprise.

"Mateo ?! What are you doing here ?"

"Why am I under the impression that every time you open the door to me, you're shirtless ?" I blurted.

He laughed.

"Well, would you like to go on a date with me tonight ?" I firmly asked.

"Not that you really have a choice, in fact, I don't really want to walk home from here" I added.

"Of course I do! Come in" he answered, still laughing.

He put a shirt on, a jacket and soon, we were in the street.

"So first things first, we're eating in my favorite restaurant. It's a vegetarian restaurant" I explained.

"I knew it! You're vegetarian ?"

"Yes. So no meat, no fish tonight. You're going to survive ?" I teased.

"Don't worry, I'm stronger than you think" he teased back.

We arrived and took our sits.

"So a surprise date ?" He said, visibly still impressed I made a move on him.

"I realized that you kept helping me every day, even if you had bigger issues to deal with yourself. I wanted to cheer you up and be there for you. I want you to talk to me if you can't talk to your family" I explained.

"Thank you. Just you being here is enough to cheer me up. You know, I never really liked my brother, or my mother" he confessed.

"Why? If you want to talk about it of course" I clarified.

"My mother is a gold digger, and my brother is snobby as fuck. My father has always been everything to me. I'm just sad he didn't find someone better than my mom, who just wants to keep a perfect family portrait and my father's money for herself"

"Well, I can't blame you. I don't talk to my family either. Since my parents almost accused me of kissing drunk guys when my sister told them about the rumors"

"Well, we have a new thing in common" Liam laughed.

I laughed as well. We kept talking about our issues for the rest of the dinner. I felt I could finally understand him more.
We fought for at least fifteen minutes to pay the bill, a battle I won for once.
When we got out, I led him to my milkshake spot.

"Now, milkshake !" I announced.

"You're still capable of eating ?!" He exclaimed.

"It's more about drinking you know" I joked.

We ordered our milkshakes and walked into the park.

"Well, you have no idea how much tonight cheered me up" Liam confessed.

"Well, I really enjoyed it as well. You know, you're always the one making moves on me, but I really like you too. I'm just scared for now, but it won't last forever" I admitted.

"Can I hug you ?" He suddenly asked.

I was dying to hug him as well, and instead of responding, I came closer and snuggled into his strong arms. I put my hands on his chest, my head in his neck, and felt safe like never I had before.

"Would you like to sleep with me tonight? No sex, no kiss, I just want to keep you in my arms" he explained.

It was so romantic, I couldn't say no. We came back to his room, and he gave one of his tee-shirt for the night. God, I loved wearing his clothes, way too big for me.

"You're cute with my tee-shirt," he said, hugging me from behind.

I never felt this good in my entire life. I turned around, pushed him on the bed, and cuddled him.
We fell asleep like this.

Merry Christmas to all of you !!! You can imagine snow for this chapter if you want ;)
You can tell me what you think of the story for now! That would be an incredible gift :)

Love from otters !!!