Foreword

Before this story goes up, I just wanted to leave a note about a few things.

This story is, for the most part, set in a little city called Mandurah in Western Australia, where I used to live for the first two years of my life, and since then we've been back very frequently. We spend nearly all of December there, and this story was largely inspired by those experiences.

90% of the photos I have used are actually photos of the real place, some are even photos I've taken myself. In fact the only ones that aren't are the ones of the players and the other characters, and a few of Christmas trees and reindeers etc.

I also, without giving any spoilers away, I wanted to say something about the fires that are mentioned in this story:

In Australia at the moment it's not even summer, but we already have several severe fires burning property and homes, and some have lost their lives. It is a real issue, and often it is caused by nothing more than someone being careless with a cigarette butt. As well as that, I'm sure you're aware of the Brazilian fires in the Amazon rainforest. I wanted to use the fires to bring the conservation of water that is also mentioned a little closer to home. In many countries we have as much water as we want, Australia included, but there are some countries who don't have that luxury. It's food for thought.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the story! Chapter one will be posted on 1st December.

Thanks for reading!
-Jordyn