17

"Have you seen the group chat?" Asked Kun, who was standing by the water, looking at his phone

"Well obviously not," Jordyn stated. The Brazilian was swimming already. The two had escaped to Canal Rocks, borrowing the car from Ox as soon as Trent and co. had returned with it.

"Aya and Joe finally got their soul marks," he said, a big smile on his face. "They're at some rock, I don't know. it's like a loaf? They sent a photo of their arms."

"Finally!" Said Jordyn. "I was so sure those two would end up together, but wow, they went through a long and painful process to get there, didn't they?"

"I think it was just long," said Kun. "They were both hurting, I'm glad they finally have closure."

"Is that my phone?" Jordyn asked, swimming closer to where he was standing on the rocks.

"Maybe," he smirked at her.

"Reply on your own phone!" She retorted. "They're gonna think your awful spelling has rubbed off on me."

"English isn't my first language," Kun defended himself. "And my phone is flat."

"It's not my first language either!" She laughed. "I knew Portuguese and Dutch before I learnt a word of English. Come on, we came here to swim!  Put the phone down."

"Alright, alright," he laughed.

"Honestly," Jordyn rolled her eyes at him. "You were literally holding my phone when you asked if I'd seen the new notifications on the group chat. What even goes through your head?"

"I'm on holiday, I don't have to think if I don't want to," he grinned, splashing her with water.

"Wow, alright, I'll bear that in mind," she said. "And you can have that back with interest." She returned the splashing with even more force, which resulted in a somewhat fierce battle, considering they were swimming in a large rock canal.

Canal Rocks was too dangerous to swim at in winter, due to the strong currents that ran through the canal, and it was even difficult to cross the end of the boardwalk that bridged the canal from one side to the other without getting completely soaked. It was the middle of summer, however, and whilst the waves were still a little unpredictable, the current wasn't anywhere near as bad. There were even crabs up on some of the rocks sunbathing, and Kun and Jordyn watched them for a while. They were quite comical, especially one particular group of them that appeared to be dancing.

"What are they doing?" Kun wondered. The Argentinian was completely fascinated by them, and Jordyn couldn't help smiling at him.

"They're trying to impress the girls," she said.

"By doing that?" He said, looking doubtful.

"I think so," said Jordyn. "I'd be impressed if you danced like that."