3

Jordyn suddenly felt hands at her sides, and turned to see Kun behind her

"Hey you," she grinned. "That was great."

"Thanks," he replied. "I wanna go for a swim, you coming?"

"Okay, sure," the Brazilian nodded. "Let me go get rid of this stuff," she gestured to her camera gear.

The two walked up the beach to where the pavilions had been set up, and Jordyn found a safe place for her equipment, before taking off her polo top and shorts, leaving her swim wear underneath. Kun stripped off his own polo shirt, and the two helped each other put more sunscreen on, before they headed for the ocean.

"Did you feel it yet? Is it cold?" He asked.

"I had my toes in when I was filming earlier," she gestured to her bare feet. "It's actually alright, pretty warm, but that's to be expected, it's so hot today."

"That's Australian weather for you, I guess."

They waded in up to their knees, and halted, both a little hesitant to go further.

"It's always colder when it's deeper," said Kun, chuckling.

"Are you scared?" She laughed, smirking at him.

"No! Are you?"

"Course not," she grinned. "The water actually looks so beautiful, look at the sun reflecting in the waves. I wish I had my camera."

"You are such a photographer," Kun laughed. "You need a Go-Pro. Do you have one?"

"Yeah, it's in Manchester," she shrugged. "Can you go grab it for me?"

"Yeah, sure, anything you say," he joked, pretending to dash out of the water. She caught his arm playfully, stopping him.

"No no, I'm joking! I'd rather you stayed here."

"Oh really?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Really," she nodded. "Now let's actually swim, since that's why we're here."

"Okay," he said. "Next wave, we both dive in."

Once they'd finally gotten used to the temperature of the water, it was much more comfortable floating around in it. They splashed around a little, teasing one another, and appreciating the warmth of the sun on their backs.

"I've been trying to decide if I prefer your hair dyed or natural," said Jordyn, "And I think I prefer it dyed. Especially when it's wet. You look good like that."

Kun shook the water out of his hair, and Jordyn covered her face to shield her eyes from the spray.

"Sorry," he grinned at her. "And thank you. I like your hair dyed too. I never saw it when it was just brown though, to be fair. But I think you'd look good in anything."

He reached out and took her hands, and Jordyn suddenly felt nervous. She was a naturally confident girl, but every so often Kun would manage to throw her off her balance, in the best way possible. She looked up at him shyly, subconsciously admiring the contours of his face, and she couldn't help wondering if perhaps they could be soulmates. She knew he had not yet found his either, as his forearm was bare.

Then their moment was ruined by Ox, a red headed girl whom they didn't know, Raheem and the Brazilians, who chose that exact moment to go swimming. The two broke apart, suddenly realising how close they had been standing. Jordyn glanced at Kun again, and he gave her a wink. They had plenty of time. They could always continue their moment later on. For now, Ox had a blow up beach ball, and they were dragged into their game of volleyball, only there was no net, teams, or rules, and really it wasn't volleyball at all it was a general free for all. The best kind of game, really. Ox introduced them to the red haired girl.

"This is Hope, she's my soulmate," he explained. "I don't think you've met before," he glanced at Hope for confirmation.

"No, we haven't," she shook her head, giving Jordyn and Kun a smile. "It's nice to meet you two. Jordyn we hear all about you from your brother."

"No doubt," Jordyn chuckled. "I don't even want to know what he's been saying about me. How did you and Ox meet?"

"I'm one of Liverpool's physiotherapists," Said Hope.

"Yeah, she looked after me for a year when I was injured for all that time last season, and I guess this just kinda happened. We were in the middle of a highly technical discussion on medical terms, it made an interesting soul mark."

"Really?" Jordyn laughed. "Let's see?"

"Mine says 'You've have damaged cruciate and medial ligaments, that's not a good idea," Alex said.

"And mine says 'Football is my life, I can't not play it." Said Hope. "And then we realised."

"That's cute," Jordyn smiled. "I bet you were happy to see Alex on the pitch again then, I think everybody got a bit emotional when that happened!"

"What a moment," Ox grinned. "The great Ox is finally back to score bangers against Manchester City."

"Wow, alright then," Jordyn laughed. "Didn't get you very far, did it?"

"Ox, shut up," Bobby yelled to him, with a laugh. "Stop blowing your own trumpet, come and join the game."

Hope nudged him, with a smirk.

"How have I ended up with the biggest ego in the league?"

"That is a question you need to ask yourself," Ox smiled, and bent to kiss her lips sweetly, before taking her hand, and pulling her further into the water to join the game. Jordyn shook her head with a smile, and went to join in as well.

Lunch was served in the pavilions on the beach at one pm, and there was such an incredible spread of cold meats, cheeses, fruits, and olives that impressed everybody. Jordyn got her camera out again, after drying off from the water, and captured some photos of the beautiful tables before the players began to devour it all.

"I got you a plate of food," said Kun, joining her as she was taking a photo of Phil and Anabelle, pretending their sausages were swords, and having a literal food fight. "I just got you everything, I don't remember you disliking anything in particular, so..."

"Aw, thank you," she smiled at him. "And I don't like onion or berries, but that's about it so you're fairly safe."

"You don't like berries?" He exclaimed, laughing. "What, not even..."

"Strawberries are the only exception," she cut him off, placing her camera down, and taking a seat beside him. He handed her the plate, and there in the middle were three large strawberries. Both of them laughed.

"I was gonna say, if you don't like strawberries I don't think we can be friends anymore."

"Lucky our friendship is safe then," she giggled.

~

~.~.~.~