14

Hope and Alex's date was apparently a long drive away

"At least an hour by car," Ox said. "Also I've never been here before, so if we get lost it's not my fault."

"Who's fault is it then?" Hope chuckled, taking a seat in the hire car that Ox had somehow produced. "Are you even allowed to drive in Australia?"

"Of course I am," he retorted. "They even drive on the left here as well."

"Okay, hopefully no car crashes today then," said Hope.

"What do you mean, hopefully?" Ox snorted. "You damn know I'm a good driver, okay?"

"I know, I'm just teasing," Hope grinned at him.

It was a long drive, but the scenery was beautiful. The roads were frequently lined with tall gum trees, and picturesque farms dotted with sheep and cows. Hope didn't mind the drive, and the two chatted, and sang along to one of the Australian radio stations. Well, Hope sang. It would be stretching the definition of the word to apply it to what Ox was doing, but at least it kept them both entertained until they finally reached their destination.

"Is this... are we at a chocolate factory?"

"We are at THE chocolate factory," Ox smirked, parking the car in the carpark. There was a surprising number of people there, considering how quiet the roads had been.

"What do you mean, THE chocolate factory," Hope laughed.

"Well, this is apparently a big deal around here," Alex explained. "Margaret River Chocolate Factory. It's not so much a factory tour as an eating experience, but they do have an area where you can see them making stuff. The chocolate is amazing, and you can pretty much have as many free samples as you like, as long as you're not filling your pockets, obviously."

"Are you trying to make me fat?" Hope joked.

"Not a chance," he said, glancing at her. "You're tiny. It'd take about sixty chocolate factories before I'd have to worry about anything like that!"

"Alright, lets go then!" Hope said, feeling a little excited. She loved chocolate, of course, who didn't?

The two went inside, and were immediately amazed at all the different products that were on display, apparently made of chocolate. There was a whole range of chocolate Australian animals, incredibly realistic golf balls made of white chocolate, giant freckles, and hundreds of bags of tiny chocolate drops.

"Oh, I've found the tasting bowls," Ox turned to grin at Hope, and took her hand, leading her over to where there was three large bowls sitting on the counter. One contained Dark chocolate chips, one contained milk chocolate, and the third, white chocolate. The two of them taste tested each of the colours, and decided it was worth driving an hour to get to try it.

"This is amazing," Hope grinned at Alex "Let's go see them making the chocolate in the window."

The two crossed over to where there was a hole in the wall, with a glass window fixed in place. There was a black board on the wall which indicated that the workers were making chocolate wombats today, and they could see a woman working with a machine that was mixing a large amount of milk chocolate. She had some of it in a contraption that allowed her to dispense the chocolate, and she was pouring it from there into a wombat shaped mould. Further into the room, you could see another woman removing trays of chocolate from what was presumably some kind of refrigerator, and a man was tipping whatever was on the trays into boxes.