11

The awards ceremony, such as it was, began with Manchester City's awards

The awards ceremony, such as it was, began with Manchester City's awards. Pep had prepared a few genuine awards, not just for the players, but for the staff as well, and he announced those first before moving on to the more entertaining awards. The funniest was when Raheem was crowned the nutmeg king, and Pep made him stay at the front to present the next award.

"Alright," Raheem said, taking the award from Pep, and glancing at it. He laughed as he read it. "This goes to Gabriel Jesus for the most times nutmegged by Raheem Sterling."

Gabi was justly incensed, and probably would have refused to collect his prize had not the entire group start chanting for him. He rolled his eyes playfully at Raheem, with a muttered 'I actually hate you.'

"Hey, it's not my fault you can't keep your legs together," Raheem smirked, and Gabi gave him a punch in the arm for his efforts.

Jordyn received the award for the most photos taken of Sergio Agüero, and Pep claimed he had thought of that before the two had even become soulmates, so no one missed the irony that Kun's soul mark literally had a reference to photography on it. The final award Pep actually gave to Klopp, who received it gracefully, with a chuckle. The award was for the best rival coach.

"Wow, thanks," Klopp grinned at the Catalan tactician. "I didn't expect this." And then he read the award properly, and laughed. "Forever graceful in defeat. You forget I haven't given my awards yet!"

Everyone laughed at the two of them. The battle between these two big brains had been raging since their days in Germany, and by this time both of them knew well enough how to banter with the other. Jordyn had seen it a few times, mostly when standing at the sidelines of the game with her camera whenever Liverpool played City, and overhearing their conversations.

Then it was time for Liverpool's awards, and for Klopp to take his turn. Jordyn smiled as her brother collected the best player in the world, and the greatest mentality giant. Both of the awards were somewhat tongue in cheek, ('just incase you didn't get enough of these already', had been Klopp's words,) but Jordyn was inclined to think that the German believed it. She agreed her brother was the best player in the world, and was convinced that this wasn't because she was obviously biased towards this opinion. Virgil received both awards wearing his usual confident smirk, and Jordyn chuckled at him when he met her gaze. Klopp also had an award for his rival, which read 'Second best second place in the league 2019/20.'

"Because obviously you won't beat what we did last season," he shrugged.

"I'll take that as a challenge then," Pep shook his head, with a smile.

Jordyn couldn't help thinking this would definitely backfire on Klopp if Liverpool somehow bottled their lead again, but she also knew that if anyone could take a joke against himself it had to be Jurgen Klopp, and she was sure he'd considered the possibility and decided to do it anyway.