Chapter 9: The Research of Steves

"There's the lab!" Aidan pointed.

They tried to go in through the entrance, but Steves and monsters were right by it, so that was a terrible idea. They found a window around the back of the lab to see what is going on. Henry, Aidan, and Fran looked in, while Roman, Leo, and Luiangelo took guard to make sure no Steve or monster were coming their way.

"Woah, things have certainly changed here!" Fran said.

"Yeah, and look! That seems to be the source of the monsters!" Henry pointed to some sort of giant electric glass tube.

"And look! There is Dr. Steve captured!" Aidan said, pointing to another giant glass tube.

"There's got to be a way to get Dr. Steve out of there..." Henry said.

"Well, it's definitely not breaking in, because we would be done for within seconds!" Fran stated.

"There is a random hacking computer here. It appears to be working," Leo pointed to a computer at the side of the lab.

"That may be our only solution. Does anyone know how to work a hacking computer?" Henry asked.

"Well, there is no Michael since he already got eaten by a dinosaur according to EBN, and I have no clue where Kevin is," Aidan said.

"Did someone say 'Kevin'?" A guy behind us said.

They turned around to see that it was indeed Kevin in a skeleton costume. Next to him was Vince in a banana costume, and Robert wearing a jack o' lantern as mask.

"Ah! Perfect timing! We need you to hack a computer to free Dr. Steve!" Henry said.

"But I never hacked something before..."

"I'm sure you can figure it out. You are the best person with computers I know that is still normal!" Henry stated.

"...Alright. I'll see what I can do."

"Hey...umm...there is a big hoard of Steves coming our way," Luiangelo said.

"Oh crud... Kevin, you need to figure it out quickly, or else we will become Steves!" Fran said.

"Working as fast as I can!" Kevin responded.

"Kevin? I'm assuming that he is the guy in the skeleton costume?" Luiangelo asked.

"Yeah."

"And who is the guy in the banana costume and the guy with the pumpkin head?" Leo asked.

"The banana dude is Vince, and the pumpkin head guy is Robert."

"Hello!" Robert said.

"Hello!" Vince said after Robert.

"Hey! Why did you copy me?" Robert noticed and asked.

"'Cause I felt like it," Vince responded.

"That's not a reason."

"It may not be a reason to you, but it is a reason to me."

"Hey guys, Steves are getting a lot closer...Oh, hello Kevin, Robert, and Vince..." Roman came by as he noticed three friends.

"What about the monsters?" Aidan asked.

"As far as I know, I don't think so..." Roman says.

Then, a dinosaur roar was heard.

"...Now I think they are coming for us," Roman then responds.

"Kevin, are you almost done?" Fran sked.

"Nearly there. I can't hack as fast as Benito or Dr. Steve can!" Kevin said.

After about a minute or two, Kevin finishes.

"Ok, I finished! Dr. Steve should be freed!" Kevin stated.

But after they said that, they are surrounded by Steves.

...

Inside the lab, Dr. Steve's prison opens up and is able to escape. He can see the friends that were able to free him outside through a window. He noticed that they are surrounded by Steves. So he sneaks out of the lab without Dr. Stev noticing to go help his friends.

...

"Now what? Does anyone have any ideas?" Leo asked.

"I'm out of ideas. I hope Dr. Steve can make it here soon," Luiangelo responded.

Because there is no space to run, Roman gets touched by a Steve.

"It was nice knowing you STEEEEEEEEEEVE!" Roman says as he turns into a Steve.

"Crud. He was our strongest guy on our team," Henry said.

Then, Kevin gets touched inside the skull head.

"Well, good luck getting out of STEEEEEEEEEEEVE!" Kevin says as he gets infected as well.

"Double crud. He was our best guy at...being a skeleton," Henry then says.

Then, they felt a magnetic pull, as they were brought up to the top of the lab. The human magnet then breaks. When they got to the top, they realized that it was Dr. Steve!

"Dr. Steve!" The seven that were pulled from the magnet all said together.

"Thanks for breaking my magnet! Saving you all better be worth it!" Dr. Steve said.

"Don't worry, it will be!" Aidan responded.

Then, a suspicious-looking Steve breaks through the roof. He climbs up to show himself.

"Well then, so this is the rebel group that will not seem to die or turn into a Steve!" The Steve said.

"This Steve can talk english?!" Fran was flustered.

"Yes, yes I can," He responded.

"Who is this Steve?!" Henry asked Dr. Steve.

"This is Dr. Stev. He was the clone I made who started the whole thing. He was the one who created the bloody-looking Steve army. He was the one who summoned the dinosaurs, demogorgons, the "Mind-Flayer", and the dragon!" Dr. Steve explained.

"Indeed I did, and I have no regrets."

Vince tries throwing a banana bomb at Dr. Stev. It explodes, but it does no damage to Dr. Stev.

"Did you really think that will do damage to me? There are too many Steves to do any damage to me!" Dr. Stev stated.

They were all in shock and began backing away, wondering to do now.

"So...what do we do? Is there anything we can do to stop this?" Leo asked.

Dr. Steve thought for a minute.

"...There may be one solution, but we have to run for now and get to safety," Dr. Steve then responds.

"But will you really get to safety? You all look pretty surrounded to me!" Dr. Stev stated.

Then, they realized that there was no place to run and that they are surrounded by Dr. Stev and the army of Steves.

"Well, that could be a problem," Henry said.

Then, all the sudden, a building collapses. The thump on the ground causes a shockwave, which affects the Steves. It leaves them an opening to run out.

"There! We can run out that way! Let's go!" Luiangelo pointed to the opening.

And so they were able to escape them successfully, but they will not be safe for long.