Bonus Facts

Here are some cool facts about the story:

This story begins to be written around the beginning of my junior year in highschool. In AP U.S. History, there is a big packet due, and in AP English III, there is an essay due. Dr. Steve references both of these.

We also get a tour of the University of St. Thomas at the beginning of the school year, and that is where many of the characters are in at the beginning of the story.

St. Thomas Highschool: EBN is the news broadcast network of the school. The gang also goes to the school to find a specific piece.

Terraria: The text "The Blood Moon is rising..." is from this game.

Stranger Things: Demogorgons, demodogs, and the Mind Flayer all appear, straight from this award-winning Netflix show.

Fleeing the Complex: In this game, there is a point where the player has to choose shoot, slam or bail, like in the story. Shoot is decided in the story, where the driver shoots and crashes the vehicle into a tree, just like the game.

Fire Emblem Awakening: The fell dragon, Grima, appears in the story, and takes over someone, just like in the game.

The Road to El Dorado: Griffen and Aidan say "I'm okay!" referencing this movie, as this was its first used, and the other several movies/TV shows that this is used in today's time.

Terminator 2: Griffen says "Hasta la vista!" referencing this movie.

Super Mario 64: Aidan references the "So long, kinga Bowser!" line that Mario says when he throws Bowser from this game. Of course, this is changed a bit to direct it at the Steve Aidan swings away.

Die Hard: The famous "Yippee-ki-yay!" line is used by Brendan.

Hotel Mario: Chapter 11's title: "Hotel Steve" references this game

Hurricane Harvey: At the beginning of Chapter 13, the gang makes it to a bayou, and it still looked like a beach, which was caused by this hurricane back in 2017.

Miitopia: The man-eating hamburgers reference the hamburger boss in this game. Chapter 14's title: "Hamburger Surprise" references the hamburger surprise monsters.

Bellaire Broiler Burger: Chapter 14 takes place here, an actual place in real life in the city of Bellaire.

Tums: Henry and Fran reference this medication that gives heartburn relief.

Street Fighter Series: Jhosua does a Hadouken, which is an attack Ryu can do in this series.

Left 4 Dead: At the very end, Aidan says "Here they come!", referencing this game.

Order of known Infections/Deaths

Dan (infected)

Unnamed UST tour guide (eaten)

Unnamed Bus Driver (eaten)

Alex (infected)

Tony (infected)

Michael (eaten)

Another Tommy (infected)

Benito (infected)

Jack (eaten)

Brady (eaten)

The other Evan (eaten)

Hunter (possessed + infected)

Rory (burned to a crisp)

Evan (infected)

Griffen (eaten)

Tommy (eaten)

Sophia (infected)

Emma (infected)

Madelyn (infected)

Lindsey (infected)

Madison (infected)

Logan (infected)

Brendan (infected)

Roman (infected)

Kevin (infected)

Leo (eaten)

Vince (eaten)

Robert (infected)

The other Leo (eaten)

Luiangelo (eaten)

Jhosua (eaten)

Henry (infected)

Aidan (eaten)

Fran (infected)