Chapter 11: Hotel Steve

The remaining seven (Henry, Fran, Aidan, Luiangelo, Robert, Vince, and Dr. Steve) waited inside the elevator. They are going to the highest floor of the hotel. The elevator is one of those where you can view from below, and they can see the Steves below them, but the Steves were not able to see them, fortunately.

They got out of the elevator. They tried to see if they can open any of the hotel rooms, and they were able to open the last room. Robert sat at the table and finishes up drawing the blueprints. Aidan and Vince guarded the door to make sure no Steve or monster gets in.

"Okay, this is actually starting to scare me by quite a lot. Will the Steves actually win this?" Henry asked.

"Well, let's at least be able to take out Dr. Stev and see what happens. If nothing happens, then we can worry about that then," Dr. Steve said.

"We will win this. We will fix this. I'm feeling very confident about this!" Luiangelo then responds.

Aidan and Vince then felt something banging on the door.

"Something's at the door!" Aidan stated.

"Robert! Are you done yet?!" Vince asked.

"Almost finished..." Robert responded.

Fran and Luiangelo carried a couch and put it at the door. Henry also gets a chair and puts that at the door as well, on top of the couch.

"That should hold for now," Vince stated.

"Did you check the window?" Aidan then asks.

Upon realizing that, Henry, Fran, Luiangelo, and Dr. Steve quickly peeked through the window. They responded that there are a few Steves and monsters climbing up the hotel, but it does not seem like they are going to make it up anytime soon.

"Finally! I finished!" Robert stated as he drops his pencil.

Dr. Steve then uses one of machines to detect where would be the closest locations something they need. After he was able to figure that out, he explains the whole plan.

"Okay everyone, here is the official plan. In order to make the Inverserator, we need for parts: the trigger, the launcher, the fuel tank, and reverse chemicals. I have looked up on where would be the closest location of each of them. In fact, the closest location for the trigger part is somewhere in this hotel. Once we get all four parts, we fire it on Dr. Stev, and we attack him until he is completely destroyed! Any questions?"

"I have one!" Aidan said as he raised his hand.

"Yeah, go ahead, Aidan."

"Was it worth making a whole drawing of the blueprints?"

Dr. Steve then thinks about that, knowing that it was already on Fran's phone.

"Actually...come to think of it...it was a complete waste of time! Whelp, sorry about that, everyone!"

Everyone facepalmed about that, especially Robert.

Then, a hole from the door is made. A raptor gets the tip of the banana costume Vince had on and brought it outside of the door. Aidan tried to save him, but the sudden thrust of the raptor was way too strong for Aidan to control.

"...Actually, that does work as good bait. While the dinosaurs eat up Vince, let us quietly exit this room and figure out where we are going," Fran said in a bit of a whisper.

"Good enough plan for me!" Luiangelo responded in a bit of a whisper as well.

They were able to tiptoe on out of the room, and they were barely unseen by the dinosaurs. They then made it to the elevators.

"We will need to go down a few floors," Dr. Steve whispered.

"Where are going exactly?" Robert asked.

"It is in room 1640."

"But what are we going to do if the room doesn't open? Most of these rooms on this 22nd floor did not open because of no hotel key!" Henry stated.

"Well if that's the case, we break in until we can get in!" Fran responded.

Then, one of the elevators opened. It was one of the elevators where you can view outside of the hotel. They went down to the 16th floor. They found room 1640, and as Henry predicted, the door wouldn't open. Fran tried to bust through the door, but it did not do much.

"Ugh, we need Roman," Fran then said.

"Too bad he got infected," Aidan responded.

Then, a familiar screeching sound was heard. The six looked out on the hallway balcony to see what it was. They saw the Mind-Flayer on the lobby floor.

"You've got to be kidding me..." Luiangelo said.

They then thought about what to do now. Henry came up with an idea.

"Wait! I got it! Let's get the Mind-Flayer to break open the door!" He then says.

"But how are we going to do that?" Robert asked.

"Well, someone becomes the leading bait, and then the rest of us...will just be bait," Henry explains.

"Yeah alright, but who will be this 'leading bait'" Robert asks again.

"How about you be it, since you asked for it."

"...Ugh, alright. But if this thing eats me, then it's not my fault!" Roberts responds as he then tries to bait the Mind-Flayer.

One of the tentacles comes by them. As it sees them at the door, the tentacle suddenly goes straight towards them. They all moved out of the way just in time, and the tentacle went straight into the door and pulled it out.

"Just as I planned..." Henry said quietly.

"And there's the trigger!" Dr. Steve said.

"Yup, and I just got it!" Aidan said as he quickly and sneakily got the part.

"Awesome! Three more parts to go!" Dr. Steve stated.

"So where is the next part?" Fran asked.

Dr. Steve used his machine to look up the location of the next part.

"Okay, we can find the next one on top of the St. Thomas High School! It's not far from here! Hurry!" Dr. Steve said.

The six of them hurried to the elevator. Luiangelo pushed the down button and an elevator door opened up fairly quickly, but it was packed with Steves.

"...Yeah...we're not taking the elevator..." Luiangelo said.

"Well, it looks like we're jumping..." Henry said.

"Are you crazy?! That's a death plan right there!" Robert stated.

"...Hold up. I got something." Fran said as he pulled something out of his pocket. He assembled it, and it was a glider!

"Oh. I have one too!" Aidan said as he also pulled out glider and assembled it together.

"Alright, we're doing that instead of jumping to our death!" Dr. Steve responded.

Henry, Robert, and Dr. Steve used one of the gliders, and Aidan, Fran, and Luiangelo used the other one. They jumped out of the closest window and glided towards St. Thomas High School.