Chapter 9

3rd PERSON POV
Survivors' Side
"So we have received an information from one of the hunters that we will be having a brand new match mode. It will be hosted by Jack the Ripper and will be taking place in one location only."

Emily. She had gathered everyone in the survivors' side for a heads-up regarding updates related to the Oletus Manor.

As expected of the one who is the first few survivors of the manor.

Everyone has always thought that she takes a big amount of dedication towards her role without knowing that deep down inside that fact had hurt her very feelings. Every bits of it.

She is well aware of the fact that she likes helping people recover towards deep injuries, even with no one telling her what to do, and that happens to be the main reason she came here.

But no one told her that all those injuries she tended to would be caused by bloodlust eyes, sword slashes and to make it worse; killings.

Not to mention she has to deal with different types of people every day starting from the one that goes hyper all the way to the one who hates being social more than anything.

Aesop. That name had somehow popped inside her mind the moment the train of thought made its leave from her head.

Come to think of it, he is nowhere to be seen in this dining room.

"Have you all seen Aesop? Eli, Naib?" The doctor said, much to her dismay as the two men shook their heads.

Most of the survivors gave her the same answer, but it was Kevin Alonso who gave just the exact response she has been hoping for.

"He went to the garden just one hour ago and hasn't came back, so I think he's still there. You know that man likes to zone out on his own. You should head there and see."

Emily deliberately stood up, letting all the papers she had been holding scatter around the table.
"Thank you, Kevin! You're a lifesaver!"

The cowboy showed off his lasso.
"Of course I am, my sugarbaby bunny."

Emily shuddered at Kevin's words. He had always been flirty to every woman in this manor. She remembered it crystal clear the moment he tried to hit her up during a match, and she hated it.

He would be using words such as babe, honeypie, sugar bunny, amd much more towards her, making it more than enough for goosebumps to stand on the ends of her skin.

She then headed out for the garden, leaving Kevin and the rest of the survivors eyeing the papers she dropped earlier.

                                ***
JOSEPH
"Can we talk more?"

It felt like time had stopped again the moment the words came into my ears.

I turned to face the man sitting on the bench behind me, my heart thumping inside my chest.

And sure enough, he is no longer sitting down. Instead he is up on his feet, hands curling into fists with his grey eyes locked into mine.

He was frowning, but his eyes screamed for an answer. A yes.

"Please, Joseph. I--"

That was when I took notice of his hands. Though they were fists the moment he asked me to stay, I had came into realization that he had been hiding something in them.

His deliberate standing made everything fall out of his hands.

Meds. Pills.

"What... are those?" I asked, the feeling of concern taking over me.