Chapter 25

A/N:
My gaming mate on Identity V just happened to gift me Joseph's Azrael skin as well as Mini Hastur earlier today and I. CANT. EVEN. SKSKSKSK.
.
Enough with me babbling and let's go back to the story guys! XD
.
.
.
JOSEPH
It was one day before the match. The match that happened to result in me being concerned as well despite not taking part of it.

Jack being the hunter and Aesop being one of the four survivors.

"Be careful of Jack, Joseph."

I know that this has nothing to do with me, but the uneasy feeling my heart keeps on going strong, thus making the lack of sleep my routine.

Trying to dismiss the recurring feel I have, I decided to treat myself with toast when I overheard Michiko and Jack having a quarrel from the other side.

"Jack, please! You can't go on matches if you're still emotionally unstable like this!"

"Oh please, Michiko! You don't have the rights to tell me what to do! Who are you to boss me around, huh?!"

"Please, Jack. Listen to me! You have been acting emotionally unstable these days and if you are up to a match tomorrow, it will be beyond dangerous to the survivors!"

"So you're defending them now, huh?! Now let me remind you again, I have the rights to kick you out from this place and I won't hesitate to do so."

"Jack, you misunderstood. I'm not saying that I am in their side and let me say this again, I am not in both sides! I just wanna let you know that you are about to strain yourself in a very bad way! Just take a break, Jack. Please-"

It was the sound of slapping that sent chills down my spine.

I might not see the action with my own eyes, but I for sure knew that the Ripper had lost to his own anger while talking to the Geisha.

"When I say shut up, you shut up you goddamn demonic woman. My decision of going to tomorrow's match against those four is final and no one can take it down. Me? Straining myself? What a bunch of bullshit. Instead, it is you who have been putting all the strains on me."

I don't know whether it is my ears playing tricks on me, but Jack was talking in a very unusual way, as if something had gotten into him.

"You brought that goddamn annoying Photoboy without any clear approval of mine and look what happened in this fucking side now! He brought nothing but a burden!"

My heart flinched as he let all the words out.

I remember it pretty clear the moment Michiko told me Jack had been acting really off and that he hated his past and how I should be careful of him and all, but still, the way he said those words.....hurts.

I had no idea he would hate me to the point of despise. A bloodlust despise.

I feel my eyes burning up as tears started flowing down all the way to my cheeks.

If he indeed hates me this much..
Then why did he act all friendly back then?

Jack... what did I do wrong?

I clutched the blank photograph I have been holding in my hands. No words can explain how much of a painful feel my heart is in right now.

He was the one who told me to approach  everyone here. The one who made me find friends. But why?

Is trusting him... indeed a mistake?

The sound of a door slamming snapped me out of my trance.