Chapter 6

Hunters' Side
JOSEPH
"I'm sorry."

"We tried what we could, but his heart is no longer able to take the strain anymore."

Joseph watched everything before his eyes.

The loss of the one he treasures the most.

He witnessed everything, for he actually had a decent conversation with him before the unexpected decides to take its turn.

"Claude! Claude! Please!"

Claude is not giving any response.

"You promised you'll see the world with me! You have to fulfill it!" Joseph cried, his tears soaking the weak body of his twin brother, hoping for a miracle to happen.

But nothing happened.

Tears streamed down young Joseph's eyes, hands intertwined with that of his.

It was when Claude's grip on him loosened, and he flatlined.

***

I jolted awake as the dream took its leave from my head.

I was still recovering from my trance when I felt something cold and wet flowing down my eyes and to my cheeks.

Tears.

I took deep breaths, trying to pull myself together. I had been assigned to play in today's match and I should not let this chance slip.

"Jose? You ready? Thirty minutes left 'till the match starts! I'm coming in to give you the details!" Jack said from the outside.

"Okay." I answered, my thoughts still lingering inside me.

"Wow..... what a state, huh?" Jack said, his mouth hanging open the moment he opened my room door and saw me.

I didn't realize how much of a messy state I'm in before noticing the look on the Ripper's face.

I had just jumped out of bed with my hair hanging loose in my back when he came in.

Not to mention I was wearing nothing but a blue oversized shirt and a pair of shorts with camera patterns on it.

"Oh! Um...." I stuttered, my head coming to an absolute blank.

Dammit, Joseph.

"I know what you're thinking, Jose. It's fine. Now you better get yourself ready or everyone will see you in that state." He chuckled before leaving.

I deliberately slammed the door with my face redder than Joker's hair.

I sure hope Jack is not a blabbermouth.

Staring at my reflected self in the mirror, I splashed some water into my face and held my breath.

I'm doing this for you, Claude.
I always am.

***

Every of the hunters are ready for me the moment I made my way to the main lobby with all my cameras on set.

"The day has come for the classy man to get all photo-ey!" Bi An said before something black came out of his umbrella, making out the exact appearance of him but with black as his main appearance, making me act motionless before him.

"Oh! Sorry to scare you! I am Fan Wu Jiu, a really good friend of Bi An! Just wanna wish you goodluck and get'em good!" He said before switching back to Bi An.

"Hey, don't tell me you still aren't used to see me and him switching at some occassions. You should! Hey!"

"Okay, okay! I get it! It's just I still can't believe you and him are able to switch whenever you guys like!" I said, pushing his hand off my hair.
"And just to let you know, I'm 27, so stop treating me like a kid. Please."