Chapter 36

3rd PERSON POV
Hunters' Side
"Wait what?!"

"Did I not hear that wrong?!"

It was finally the day of the big meeting. The day where every single hunter of Oletus Manor would be giving their final verdict on Jack regarding the Red Church incident that had caused a huge strain on Survivor Aesop Carl.

However, a few minutes into the starting time, the whole side is filled with nothing but utter shock.

"What..... is... this?" Hastur muttered to himself, his mind barely able to process what lies before his very eyes.

A sticky note was neatly placed on the work desk the two had always shared as match officials.

It was not the note that had led the Feaster this close to having a breakdown.

It was the thing written on it.

Pinching the bridges of his nose with the attempt of dispelling the headache slowly building in his skull, Hastur sat himself down on one of the chairs, his whole attention on the monitor displaying everything going on in his side of the manor.

"What on earth is he up to now? As if whatever he did wasn't enough to cause burden on us all!" Leo said, his knee kicking on the wall.

"The meeting is about to start. Maybe we can get him to talk about this?" Xie Bi An chimed in.

Hastur sighed. The Ripper might still be on probation and that he definitely is the bad guy on that assault, but never had it crossed his mind that the latter would pull out something barely fathomable as this.

No matter what it is, the Ripper is his best friend. His partner. The only one that is more than willing to hear him out regardless of the circumstances.

"Okay...." the Feaster said, pulling his cloak back on.
"But before that, let me confirm something one more time."

All the hunters stared at him in confusion.

"The survivors will be joining this meeting too. Don't ever think of harming them at all costs."

"Yeah! No harming and attacking!" Joker piped in, his body forming his dashing stance.

"That message was specifically meant for you, Mr. Clown." The White Guard said, much to Joker's dismay.

"Wait a minute." Bane said as he realized one of them is not here.
"Where's Joseph?"

"He took off to the manor's ER a few hours ago. Aesop is officially discharged today and he wants to help clear everything out." Michiko smiled.
"Besides, Aesop will also be in the meeting. That is pretty obvious."

"That Photoboy and that Embalmer really are something, eh?" The Gamekeeper laughed, placing his hook on the table.

"You knew about it all along?" The Geisha asked, the tone of concern making its presence within every word. For all she knew, the Photographer had never told anyone else about the feelings he has for the Embalmer aside from her.
"But how-?"

"I was once a normal human too, Michiko. And I know exactly how he feels."

"In fact, all of us are aware of that." Bi An allowed himself into the conversation.
"Trust me, Geisha. None of us is against that."

Michiko chuckled the moment she heard Bi An's words.

Guess I don't have to worry about anything anymore now. She muttered as Hastur finally stood up from his seat.

"Let's settle this. None of us is against them, yes. But I don't know about Jack. So don't act all relieved and off to the meeting lobby, guys. Now."