Giving Into Temptation

It had been 2 days after meeting Jared again and I really wanted to call him. I must have stared at his little piece of paper for about an hour now contemplating whether I should or not. I had been looking at it for that long must mind trailed away from the main topic of calling to how he wrote the note. How he made his number 7 have a line through the middle, I do that too... But the main thing was that I didn't want to sound needy towards him. Like he was my only option or I had nothing else better to do.. Although I didn't really. The thought of him standing there with Shannon looking all sexy made it even worse. I decided to give in to temptation and call his goddamn number. I was like a teenager with this stupid crush thinking on what to say to him. What way to I say hi? Hi...hey...howdy? Ugh, Serena get yourself together for gods sake! Your 28 years of age! Then I heard a click.

"Hello?" The voice said. I gasped and answered quickly.

"H-hey?" I said

"Hello? Can I ask who's calling?" He said.

"Uh, this is Serena Ellis... I wish to speak with Mr Jared Leto." I said shakily.

Oh my god you sound like your a fricking secretary Serena. Be cool...

"Oh Hi Serena! This is Jared."

"Oh hi!" I sighed in relief.

"So how's it going?" He asked.

"I'm good...what about you?" I replied trying to act cool now.

"I'm great thanks. I was just about to call you by the way."

Holy shit, he was going to call me first? Is he just saying that to make me feel better or is this guy genuine? I couldn't tell right now, my palms were sweaty and my knees were weak...hey, isn't that a song? Oh my god I'm hyperventilating!

"I was scared you weren't going to call me Miss Ellis, I haven't heard from you for a while." He continued.

"It's only been 2 days Jared, I think you could survive without seeing me." I laughed but the other end was silent. He then did a soft chuckle and started again.

"I was thinking, do you want to go out with me sometime?"

My heart stopped. Just like that...boom!- cardiac arrest alert.

"Yeah that sounds like fun, what do you have in mind Mr Leto?" I said

"Well I'll do anything you want to do Miss Ellis. What do you have in mind?" He repeated.

"You choose." I argues back giggling. He chuckled along with me. I heard him shift himself on the other end.

"Fine. How about tomorrow night we go out, have a few drinks, and we will think of something when that is done?" I smiled to myself.

"That sounds nice, what time will I meet you? And where?" I asked.

"I'll book a place. And I'll text you the details." He answered.

"Ok goodbye Mr Jared Leto." I said

"Goodbye Miss Serena Ellis." He replied and hung up.

The way he said my name was like a a porno in itself. God, I need to calm down.