From The Slip Of The Tongue

It was about a week or so later and I was out shopping for a dress with Kim and John. As usual John was taking a phone call and Kim was trailing on about some French guy she met on the riviera. We searched and searched through aisles to see something that caught my eye. But now all I can think about is not what I like, but what Hugh Meener would like me wearing to 'impress him' my stomach turned at the thought of that day. Suddenly my phone beeped and it was a message from Jared. It read:

"I will meet you on the carpet ;) x"

I smiled to myself and Kim peered over. I quickly put my phone back in my pocket and continued to search through the garments.

"I know what you are up to..." She began which made me jump with fright.

"What do you mean Kim?"

"Your texting someone. Don't try and play me Serena, I know you." She said.

"I don't know what you are talking about Kim, get a grip." I snapped at her and she took a step further towards me.

"Excuse me?" She said in a bitchy tone.

"I said get a grip! Why do you care who I am texting?" She began to stutter when I said that.

"Hm? All I can hear is you nagging on about this guy you met! Stop with this ok?" I said and walked away. I felt her presence follow me.

"Why are you acting like this Serena? What has gotten into you lately? Just tell me wh-" I cut her off.

"JARED!" I proclaimed which made her freeze.

"Who?..."

"Jared Leto. I'm texting Jared Leto, Kim! My god..."

"Why are you texting him?" She asked me again.

"Because I want to! Because he is kind and generous and he is getting me a new agent if you must know." I spat.

"W-why is he getting you an agent? What about John...he's your agent."

"Well- maybe I think John Davis is a shit agent, that can't get me one fucking role!" I yelled.

"What did you say?" I heard another voice behind me mumble.

I turned around to see John standing holding a dress and a phone in his hand. His face was red and he looked like he was about to cry.

"J-John I-"

"Save it." He scowled.

"I liked to think that I wasn't only your agent, I was your friend too.." He stuttered and walked out of the store.

I turned back round to Kim who did the same. I groaned to myself and stared at the door feeling a tear fall down my face. Then a stick-thin woman approached me with her irritating voice.

"Are you ok Miss Serena Ellis? Or are you just looking?" She squeaked. I turned to face her and shot her a death glare.

"Fuck off." I simply said.