We May Go To The Ball

When I finished my hair and added the finishing touches like some jewellery, my purse and heels I opened the door of the bathroom. Jared didn't notice at first but then he turned around and stopped what he was doing in an instant. I was beginning to get a little self conscious from his staring.

"So..." I stared nervously.

"You look...beautiful." He gasped scanning me in awe.

I noticed a glimmer in his eye that I had never seen before. I felt all warm and fuzzy inside which felt unique. I blushed and stepped out from the doorway and grabbed my phone from the bed. I felt his eyes on me still. He carried on with what he was doing and kept taking glances. I glanced up and noticed he was struggling with his bow-tie.

"Let me do that." I smiled and took control of it. His eyes were on me again. I tried to put the 'Vogue' face on but it was hard knowing that he was watching me. When I finished I casually yet gently brushed off the suit on his shoulder and chest before looking up into his eyes.

"There, very handsome." I winked and walked to the door. I turned back to look at him standing there almost in a trance.

"You coming?" I asked. He snapped out of his dream almost immediately and followed me out.

"What time is it?" He asked clearing his throat.

I checked the time on my phone and it was 7:20. Right on time thankfully. When I thought about it, this actually had been a perfect day. I had a nice trip (no turbulence), nice nap and I was surrounded by friends. But a part of my heart missed Kim and John. I wonder what they are doing now?

We came out of the elevator and strolled down the corridor on the way to the lobby where we all said we would meet. I suddenly seen Jared's arm reach out and go into a wing position. He looked at me and winked slightly. I smiled and grabbed onto it gently. We walked gracefully downstairs and met the others who were dressed to the 9's. Tomo had cleaned himself up a bit and Shannon shaved some stubble making him look cleaner. Emma was dressed in a black satin gown and had her hair in an up-do. Shannon was the first to notice and nudged the others. They all turned and smiled at us.

"Hey beautiful!" Tomo yelled. I laughed at him when we reached the bottom.

"Oh, I meant Jared but you look kinda good too Serena." He joked and cuddled Jared. I laughed louder and Emma came up to us looking on her phone.

"Ok guys, let's go in now. We have to go into the main ballroom." She ordered us and we followed her along with a few other guests. People were taking glances at us and whispering.

"Is that Jared Leto?!" I heard one say. "Oh my god....Hey, Serena Ellis is there too!" Another whispered excitedly. I smiled to myself and carried on walking.

We entered a magical ballroom with seconds floor and balcony. It looked quite old and historic in a way. It was decorated by dark wooden railings, huge pillars and sparkling chandeliers. There was classical music soothing my ears and there were butlers running around with champagne glasses. I took one and we moved to the side of the room where me and the group chatted for a while. While I was glancing around the room I noticed Meener at the other side and he noticed I was here. He raised his glass to me as well as his eyebrows. I smiled and raised mine too. I turned to Emma who noticed.

"Looks like he's pleased to see you." She said and I laughed nervously.