Time To Be Alive

"Shit it's hot." I said to myself as I wiped a layer of sweat off of my forehead.

The music was booming through the house and glitter was flying everywhere. A tsunami of laughter and singing came over me as I travelled around the new house making my way outside. The booming sound of deep house and 90's anthems almost deafened me. I was able to grind and squeeze past the sweaty guests out into the open air. The house was roughly the same size as my last with an open extension to it overlooking a dazzling ocean landscape. It also included a large patch of land and a swimming pool. This is our other house in Bermuda where we like to escape from the limelight for a while, like our own tropical escape.

"Serena!" John shouted from across the pool where he stood with a few others chatting I guessed.

"Hey everyone, having a good time?" I asked when I met them.

"Fabulous time darling." Kim said jokingly clinking her glass with mine.

"How much was this place anyway?"

"Why do you want to know?" John questioned

"Because I'm looking for a place to spend some summers, that's why! And I really like it here." She replied.

"I'm not telling you, I don't wanna boast." I smiled but she didn't give up so easily.

"Ok...just give me some clues. Could you buy a private jet with it?" She asked and I shook my head backing away.

"I am not telling!" I laughed and bumped into someone. It was Jared.

"Hello beautiful." He cooed and kissed my neck which made me squirm and giggle in his arms.

"Hello handsome." I said back and he smirked.

"This is a great party. No paparazzi, no obsessed fans and no braindead bimbos to listen to all the time in LA. Just friends and family."

"Yeah, I like it this way. We should do this more often." I smiled and scanned my surroundings.

Suddenly a bunch of people started to jump in the pool followed by others. Jared and I laughed until I suddenly fell in with the rest. I burst out from beneath and looked up to see Jared laughing with Tomo and Shannon.

"Oops." Shannon said sarcastically and J grabbed his muscular arm and pulled him in too.

He was then followed by Tomo, Jared, Kim and John. I swam over to the edge and sat contently as everyone splashed and laughed at each other.

I watched everyone's movements and smiled to myself. It made me feel all warm inside knowing that I am making people smile and laugh. I feel like I've accomplished something. Not Oscars, Golden Globes or Empire awards but something that really matters more. Love. Happiness. Life.

Do you know where to find Mars? Get lost in this fantasy. You need to get lost inside yourself to find your Mars on Earth
- Jared Leto

THE END

Thank you for reading this. This is my first fanfic and I would really appreciate it if you left a few little comments on what you think! I was thinking if doing a second-parter but I'm not sure...it's up to all of you! Xxx

Adiós people! ❤️