Dinner For One?

It was a charity event I was attending. It was for upcoming artists and actors in the business. There was masses of tables and people all attempting to get by one another but it was difficult. I luckily got my seat which was about in the middle. I was sitting with Kim, John, Emma Thompson, Rihanna and another woman, I didn't know her name. It was a good group because we were all comfortable with each other except from that woman who sat right beside me. A man emerged on stage and began to read off of one of his cards.

"Thank you and good evening ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the Rising Star Organisation dinner." He began.

"This is nice." Said a voice beside me. It was her...the woman.

"Yeah it is..." I mumbled and focussed on the man again.

"It's nice what they are doing you know, for the kids and stuff." She spoke again.

"Yeah, it's great. Really giving them a chance." I said again.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Serena." I answered plainly and she giggled.

"Serena Ellis?"

"Yes, that's me." I smiled.

"I'm Emma, Emma Ludbrook. Jared Leto's assistant." She said finally which left us in silence for the rest of the speech.

When the man finished and we all clapped, I turned to look at Emma but her seat was empty. I darted my eyes all over the room but she was nowhere to be seen. I turned to my table.

"Please excuse me." I smiled.

"Wait-where are you going?" I heard Kim call as I walked away.

"Nowhere." I said back to her.

I stopped at the bar where there were some people chatting by. I stopped and ordered a glass of champagne and scanned the room again for Emma.

"Hello Serena." I heard a familiar voice say. I turned around to see her smiling at me.

"Hello Emma. It's nice to meet you finally." I grinned back to her.

"Same to you. How are you?"

"I'm good, how about you?" I replied.

"I'm doing well thanks. So I believe we have some business to discuss?"

"I think we do. Jared tells me that you could get me an appointment with Hugh Meener?" I said in a questionable tone. She shrugged and took a sip of her drink.

"He says a lot of things about me."

"Hold on, you can't get one?!" I said panicking. Her eyes widened at my response to her comment.

"No I can!" she said. I laughed and took a gulp of my champagne finishing the glassfull. She watched in amazement and chuckled.

Suddenly the lights went down and a woman came on stage this time.

"We should get back to our table now." She suggested and we both sat down together.

I got shot a few unsure looks from Kim and John but they shrugged it off when we talked. After a couple of hours Emma met me again handing me a note with my name written on it.

"Here." She said.

"I called Hugh Meener and wrote down a date for us to meet. If you can't make it just text me, I wrote my number in there too. You don't need to confirm that you will be there, just turn up." She smiled and hugged me goodbye.