Blue Ties and Blue Converse

Breathe Serena.

Breathe

What do they do in the Karate Kid again? Oh yeah "In through the nose and out through the mouth." Thank you Mr Miyagi.

Breathe.

I entered a small restaurant and it was very modern. Everything was glass and mirrors. I had never been to this place before, if I knew where it was I would have. I stood still at the door until my name was called.

"Serena!" It was Emma. She was dressed quite formally. She had on a black dress with boots and a long coat. But I on the other hand, was wearing ripped jeans, converse and a Def Leppard top on. Not very chic at all. When Emma met me I could see that she was concerned with my choice of clothing for today.

"What is it?" I asked.

"N-nothing. Just come with me." She said blankly and I followed her through the building. She stopped at a round table filled with papers and there was about 3 people sitting with us.

"Mr Meener, this is Serena Ellis." Emma said.

Hugh Meener was a snobby looking man who looked like he had a lot of money to dish out. He was in a sharp blue suit. He looked me up and down and his smile disappeared almost instantly.

"Hello Mr Meener..." I said.

"Hm. Please sit down." He snapped and I did. I suddenly felt a warm hand pat mine. I recognised it somehow. My eyes darted up to the face of the being and it was Jared. I smiled.

"Hello again Miss Ellis." He smirked and looked at Hugh who didn't seem pleased.

Breathe Serena...keep breathing.

"So Serena, I've been looking through your files." He started.

Files? I had files? What kind of agent is John?! He didn't even tell me that I h-

JOHN! I didn't tell him about this... Oh no.

"They are very pleasing." Hugh continued looking at some papers.

"Really? T-thank you..." I stuttered. He finally dragged his eyes off of the papers and stared at me. He was making me quite uncomfortable now.

"What happened?" He asked me.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you have a long history of starring in blockbuster movies and then what? We don't know, there is no sign of anything that you starred in for about 4 years...care to tell me about this?" He growled.

"I was involved in an accident a couple of years back and it injured me badly." I said.

"What did you hurt?"

"My leg..." I answered looking down at it.

"Why do you want to work with me Miss Ellis?" He asked me.

"Well I've heard some good things about you...and I want to get back in the game." I laughed but he stayed silent.

"Fine. But I must warn you about something. I don't like your first impressions.." He said which made my brows furrow.

"Excuse me?" I snapped back.

"I want you to impress me Miss Ellis...because considering our first meeting, I'm not very impressed." He finally said and walked out with his partner. I turned to Emma and scowled.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean? Impress me? What an asshole!"

"I know he is but he's one of the best in the business Serena, you need to impress this guy." Emma proclaimed patting my knee. I nodded and looked to Jared who seemed to have sorrow in his eyes. It was as if he felt sorry for me in a way.

"How am I going to impress him?" I asked the two. Emma smiled to herself and looked to Jared who did the same.

"You can come to an event with us!" She smiled. I laughed.

"Ha! To what, The Oscars?!" I said sarcastically but Emma and Jared were silent. Oh shit.