eight

Cassidy huffed in annoyance as her grandmother passed by her bedroom again

Cassidy huffed in annoyance as her grandmother passed by her bedroom again. She hated the fact that her the doors in the home were all clear. It was a peculiar interior design, but it also had been her Nana's way of saying 'No Privacy in my home'—minus the bathrooms.

            Warren who was sat across her chuckled at the clear irritation building on her face," How many times has it been?"

            "10" Cassidy mumbled fiddling her pen in hand," Why did we have to choose my house again?"

            "Because you learned the last time we went to my house. My mother loves you too much" He grumbled the last part making Cassidy kick his leg under the table.

            "I am loveable, Peace, get over it"

Warren playfully mimicked her with his hands only receiving another kick in return. He, however, just chuckled and went back to doing his homework.

Cassidy had just been about to also start her homework, but her eye got the glimpse of a flash and she huffed loudly.

            "Nana!!!"

Warren turned to see a glimpse of the elder woman and in her hand, he had seen a camera. He cocked an eyebrow and turned back to Cassidy.

            "Okay, maybe...my house is not so bad"

            "You think?"

The Pyro let out a sigh when he saw the time on his wristwatch. He held his question back for a moment before building the courage to even ask Cassidy what he had been wanting to do for a while now.

            "Cassidy" The said female peered up tilting her head and noticed the sudden change in demeanour. His hands had unknowingly clamped up and his eyes unable to maintain his focus on her own. Her lips twisted into a playful frown and decided to wait patiently for what Warren had to say.

However, once he did, the sound of knocking on her glass bedroom door filled their ears. Cassidy frowned slightly before moving to the side and looking up to who was at the door.

            "Sorry my dear, I just wanted to ask something" Her grandmother looked towards Warren who Cassidy had to nudge with her feet.

            "Warren would you be staying for dinner?" The Pyro had held back his disappointment, at the offer. Though not because of his ruined plans, because now there was no way for him to ask Cassidy the question.

            "Sorry, not today, but thank you. I actually work in a couple of hours" Warren said slowly while Cassidy's face turned into disappointment in which she quickly hid with a fake smile.

Though, Nana Fiona had seen it clear as day.