sixteen

Cassidy chuckled as she walked back to the counter to turn in the orders

She watched as Warren massaged his shoulder from being thrown earlier in school, during Save the Citizen in PE.

He was partnered with Will Stronghold and the pair beat Lash and Speed. However, despite the winning Warren had dealt with being thrown across to catch the citizen and now he was dealing with sore muscles from the throw.

"Why are you so against using ice?" She asked him handing the order to his aunt.

Warren rolled his eyes and laughed sarcastically at her knowing he can't even do something as simple as that without melting it within seconds.

"You are enjoying this way too much" He mumbled

"I am" Cassidy winked as she leaned on the counter in front of him," Besides, I can't help the fact that even if you dislike Stronghold, you two worked well saving the citizen"

"And that is where you lost me" Warren stated blankly," Not in this lifetime"

Cassidy smirked," Well, if that's what you say—Anyways" She stood up straight and pointed a thumb over her shoulder," His friend is still here"

Warren peered over to the girl that was always with Will and his friends, but as of late—Since the Stronghold had been declared a Superhero, he's been almost too occupied with Gwen and her Posse.

He chuckled remembering Cassidy ranting about this during their ride back home.

"And, what does telling me have to do with anything?" He asked making her huff at him.

"Well, for starters, didn't I rant about the unfairness?! Goodness, Warren you are really letting it in one ear and out the other aren't you"

"Woah, calm down Ms Feisty" He playfully raised his hands," I'm not a mind reader, just to remind you"

"Mind reading has nothing to do with this, seriously—I just" She narrowed her eyes stopping herself," I guess you aren't the most responsive to hints"

"Hey, now—

"I'd approach her on my own, but she gets all jumpy around me, so, maybe you can join me?"

"What makes you think she won't scram having both of us approach? You do realize this fire added to fire" Warren stated making Cassidy frown.

"Hey, listen you are pretty dense—but I didn't think you were this dense"

"Huh?"

"I am understating my embarrassment by asking you to join me because I'm not the greatest when it comes to speaking to others" She mumbled making Warren instantly chuckle at her words and placing his hand on her head.

"Cass you could have just asked" He teased making her huff while pushing his hand away.

"Don't push it, Peace" She grumbled as Warren walked past her," Wait where are you—"

"Didn't you want to approach her? Or was I just hearing things" He said smugly making her pout and follow after him, but not without hitting his back lightly.