♡ Chapter 02 ♡

After the visit,
In the city,
Morning...

Izuku's POV

Hmm... It had been a while since I met them... Maybe I will pay a visit today.

I walked around the city aimlessly, observing the people walking past me. I was thinking of visiting my dear old friends -- former members of Shie Hassaikai. It was my day off today since I wanted to spend time with my family and meeting my old friends.

Deciding to visit the book store, I made my way toward that little shop. It was a newly-opened book store in this city. The owner of the store was my dear friend... Or should I say, one of my former bodyguards.

I pushed open the door, ringing the bell signing a customer had come in. "Welcome– Oh... It is you..." Nemoto-san, who was holding a thick novel in his hands, greeted me. He seemed pretty surprised to see me in front of him. "Hey, Nemoto-san. Long time no see." I smiled widely at him.

Nemoto-san closed his novel and got up from his cozy cushion chair. "Izuku-san... How is Kai-sama doing now?" He asked, perhaps curious about Kai's well-being. My eyelids fell shut, as I recalled my memories with him during my high school summer vacation.

"Kai is doing fine. Sorry for not bringing him along. He is busy taking care of our kids." I chuckled sheepishly, rubbing the back of my head. Nemoto-san was displaying his limited-edition genuine smile.

"I see. That is good to hear." Nemoto-san said in relief, his eyes looking straight into mine. "How can I help you today? Do you want to buy another horror novel?" He asked, knowing my new weird interest very well.

I was really hooked on horror stories lately... Though after that I will end up cowering and shaking in fear. I am trying to get rid of my fear on ghost or any of that supernatural beings.
"You know me." I retorted enthusiastically, and he chuckled in amusement. "You can wait here while I  go grab some new ones for you." Nemoto-san said politely. I just nodded my head before walking around the book store.

From one shelf to another, I studied the various genre of the books lining there. I never expected Nemoto-san was such a bookworm. No wonder he chose to open a bookstore.

"Midoriya, is that you?" A familiar deep voice called out on me, snapping me back into the real world. I turned to my behind. Surprisingly, Todoroki-kun was standing behind me. He was as astonished as me.

"Todoroki-kun! What are you doing here?" I asked joyfully as we both shook hands. Ever since I became pro hero, I barely had time to meet my former classmates or my close friends. We all were too busy with our works.

"Well, I saw you entering this store so I enter this store..." My hetrochromatic friend glanced at the entrance of this little shop. "...and also want to hide myself from my fans out there. They kept gathering around me." He heaved a soft sigh.

I snorted before bursting our my laughter, clenching my stomach in hilarity. Todoroki-kun was always chased by his crazy female fans our there who were obsessed over him.

"Stop laughing." Todoroki-kun lowly grunted, irritated by my constant laughters. I patted his broad back. "Sorry, okay? Don't pout." I teased, grinnung at my close friend.

"...Izuku-san. Here are your books." Nemoto-san's voice caught my attention. I turned to him with a small smile plastered on my face. "Alright! Thank you, Nemoto-san!" I pulled out some notes from the pocket of my hoodie and handed them over to him.

Nemoto-san took the notes from me. He then gave me a paper bag containing the horror novels I bought. Todoroki-kun just silently watched us doing our business.