♡ Chapter 18 ♡

Several hours later,
Evening,
Around the crime scene,
In an abandoned house...

Izuku's POV

"Wh...what had happened here...?"

I gasped in extreme shock at this horrifying sight before me and Kai. Detective Reigen was also paralyzed in horror. My husband, though, looked calm even after witnessing this unpleasant bloody view.

Well, he is a former yakuza. He used to do works like this so... I guess this kind of view will never make him waver.

What view was presented for us?

We were currently in an abandoned house that was rumored to be a group of villains' nest. Detective Reigen assumed these criminals were related to the death of the three mothers, so we decided to investigate. But what we found was unpredictable... And totally gruesome.

As soon as we walked into one of the many bedrooms, a sight of dead bodies laying in a pool of thick blood greeted us. Their eyes were wide with unimaginable terror, as if they had seen the worst nightmare in their lives.

However, not all of them had their upper bodies. These villains' way of dying were quite similar to the three dead mothers.

Most of the villains' corpses lost their upper half, leaving only the lower half-- From the waist down. But there were about four of them that were not killed in such cruel way. These four corpses had holes in their abdomen... Indicating that their inner organs in the stomach exploded out of their bodies.

"This case is going to be more complicated now... Who in the world do such merciless thing like this? Even villains were killed." Detective Reigen shook his head distastefully. I merely nodded at his statement, agreeing.

"I don't think my theory earlier...is true. I couldn't understand this perpetrator's motive at all. What is he trying to accomplish? Killing villains and those mothers..." Kai was at loss of words. Looked like the theory he voiced out earlier couldn't be used anymore.

If the suspect is an obsessive fan of mine, then they would only target the mothers. But now, even villains died in their hands.

Just what in the word are they trying to achieve?

"I will contact my squad to send in some medics. Can you two help explore the house a little bit more? Inform me if you discover anything." Detective Reigen turned to us, his wrinkled hand holding a smartphone. I agreed and then wrapped my hand with Kai's, gesturing him to leave the room.

The two of us exited the bloody chamber. Both me and Kai were quiet the whole time, as we explored the house more searching for clues and evidents. Much to our dismay, we found nothing.

"This killer we are after... Is quite a brutal and insane one, huh?" Kai spoke up, breaking the silence between us.

I stopped on my track. Looking at the dusty floor, I clenched my hand into a tight fist. "Yeah... I have a bad feeling about this, Kai... Why do I feel like all of these things happen... Because of me?" I voiced out my concern.

"Izuku, we already confirm that you aren't the reason behind the suspect's crime. He must have other objective in his mind." Kai put his gloved hand on my shoulders to assure me. My lips quivered, hesitating to believe in him.

Kai is speaking the truth, but I can't bring myself to believe in him.

The feeling... Will not disappear.

I'm really sure that this case is related to us more than anything.

"Chisaki, Deku. It is going to be dark soon. We must leave before night arrive." Detective Reigen's voice snapped me out of my trance. "Very well. Izuku, let's go." Kai wrapped his arm around my shoulders and guided me out of the house. I was distracted and my mind kept wandering somewhere else so his action helped me a lot..