♡ chapter 05 ♡

In the car,
Late afternoon...

Third Person's POV

"Waaah~ So Ken's Quirk has manifested? Congrats, Ken!" Eri hugged her little brother who was sitting on her laps, silently staring at the ant roaming on his palm. The other two kids were busy eating their ice-cream, before Aiko pushed Ichiru with powerful force that the poor boy's ice cream fell off his hand, dirtying the carpet of the car.

Ichiru looked at his used-to-be ice cream slowly melting in despair. Tears pooled in his big golden eyes. Aiko only laughed at him in amusement, happy to make her baby brother cry. Ichiru burst into tears, his cries filled the car.

"Jeez, Aiko. How many times do I have to tell you to stop bullying Ichiru?" Eri balled her palm into a fist and lightly hit Aiko's head. It was a gentle hit that didn't hurt.

But Aiko, being a child, started shedding chibi tears. A few seconds later, she cried her heart out. She pointed her finger to Eri and yelled at her parents. "Mommy! Daddy! Eri-nee hit Ai!"

Izuku shook her head and looked over her shoulders. She then told her daughter, voice stern and firm, "Eri-nee did a great job by hitting you. Next time you bully Ichiru again, no sweets or birthday gift for you, Ai."

Hearing her mother's warning, Aiko's cries ceased. Only her silent sobbing echoed, panging Eri's heart with guilt. She never meant to make her cry, but wanted to warn her only.

Ichiru was still bawling his eyes out. He couldn't get over the sadness of losing his favourite strawberry-flavoured ice-cream. Ken was observing the ant on his palm in awe, eyes sparkling with excitement.

"I see... So Ken inherit your Quirk..." Izuku spoke up to break the silence between Kai and her. Kai's only responded by narrowing his eyes in frustration. "To be honest, I don't want him to have my Quirk..." He voiced out his thoughts, hands gripping the steering wheel firmly.

"Ken's Quirk is a much stronger and more destructive version of my Quirk..." The masked man uttered under his breath, catching his wife's attention. "What do you mean? Wasn't Ken's Quirk completely similar to yours?" She tilted her head, confusion clouded her face.

"Yeah... It is true... But I'm not that strong when I was still a kid..." Kai confessed with heavy heart before he made a turn. His eyes were focused on the long road ahead of him.

"When my Quirk first manifested, I couln't fully disassemble object. Only half of the object... My Quirk only became stronger when I started working hard to improve it. But Ken..." Kai paused there and short dead silence fell upon them.

"Ken could easily disassemble a person's arm... When his Quirk just manifested...Without any effort or intensive training. That prove how strong and deadly his Overhaul." Kai gritted his teeth in irritation. Eri, who was in the back passanger's seat, heard their serious conversation. The little kids didn't pay attention to their parents at all. Plus, they wouldn't even understand the subject they were talking about, so there was no point on listening to them.

"Kai..." Izuku whispered his name in sympathy. She mustered a soft smile, and patted his broad shoulder. "It's okay. We will help Ken control his Quirk. I promise..." She assured confidently, a wide smile spread across her beautiful face.

"Thanks, Izuku." Kai replied mootonously, though deep down he actually felt relieved. Izuku chuckled in delight and massaged his shoulder to lessen the tense.

Eri behind was trying to process all these new informations coming at once. Her red irises shifted to Ken who had his attention on the same ant.

'Ken's Quirk is dangerous... But I have no doubt he will succeed in controlling his Quirk! I mean, this is Ken we are talking about right now. Ken is the most calm among us, and most rasional. He is very mature for a four year-old boy.' The big sister convinced herself while smiling widely.