♡ Chapter 21 ♡

Meanwhile,
At the kindergarten,
Afternoon...

Third Person's POV

"Alright everyone! It is time to play outside!"

The female teacher announced to the little kids in the kindergarten building, earning cheers of excitement from them. They immediately ran outside, leaving the teachers behind.

"Play nice and fair with others!"

"Ah, Iku-chan. Be careful! You can't go there!"

"You two there, don't throw pebbles at each other! It is dangerous!"

The teachers were having a hard time keeping all of the children in control. But they were used to this task. Dealing with children was part of their daily life. Not seeing them for one day felt like they lost half of their hearts.

Outside the kindergarten, a boy with sliky dark brown hair was staring at a group of the little ones. Small kids were littering around the area, playing and chasing each other happily.

A smile surfaced beneath his black cloth mask. His green and yellow irises locked on a group of children taking turns to throw ball at the other one. They seemed like they were having so much fun. All of them were giggling gleefully. Surprisingly, even their usually stoic brother was being more expressive with his feelings.

This sight made the boy's smile widened. It calmed his heart whenever he saw those pure children. Their innocent smiles always managed to brighten his bland, grey world a little.

His mind then drifted into the endless river of his memories. An intense pain suddenly pang his fast-beating heart. The small smile dropped into blank expression. His eyes became lifeless, losing their shine.

' I should leave this place before something terrible happen to me... Better continue looking for him...' The boy clenched his palm into a firm fist, teeth gritting firmly under the mask. He was about to turn around to leave the kindergarten when a ball started rolling toward his direction.

"Nii-nii! The ball is there!" Aiko pointed the ball that was staying still near the older boy's left foot. He was caught off guard by the yelling. Frantically looking for hiding spot, his mind swirled with thoughts searching for idea.

Unfortunately, Ken was already close to his location. He was walking toward the ball, still not noticing the older boy's existence. Just after he lifted his head up back, he spotted the boy.

Ken stared at the brunette. Sweat roller down the side of the teenage boy's head. Both of them locked eyes for quite a while. The young child was intrigued by the tall teenager's presence.

"...Daddy?"

Ken murmured unsurely, tilting his head. He let go of the ball and eyes began glimmering with glee. He surged forward to clutch the older boy's leg that he mistook for his father.

"Hey-"

The teenager didn't know how to handle this situation. He tried to shove away Ken's hand, but he was clutching to his leg with all his strength. "Daddy." The little brunette called out to the older boy again. He tugged his pants lightly.

"Let's play together."

Ken made an attempt to drag his 'father' to the kindergarten. Sighing depky, the teenage boy picked him up carefully. "Pipsqueak, I'm not your old man." He said clearly.

"Man, I can't believe you are this small..." The boy murmured to himself, observing Ken's small stature. "..say, what is your father's name?" He asked the little child. Ken stared at him, confused.