♡ Chapter 19 ♡

Meanwhile,
Somewhere in the city,
In an abandoned factory,
Nighttime...

Third Person's POV

"...SERIOUSLY? We are going to sleep here?" A teenage girl complained to her little brother. Her twin-tailed brown hair swayed as she looked away in discontent. The little brother sighed in defeat. He looked around the abandoned factory. It wasn't a pretty sight.

The place was dusty and dirty. There were roaches crawling on the floor. Ew, what creepy creatures they were. This sight could disgust the crap out of anyone, even a person who never cared about their hygiene. Who in the world was crazy enough to sleep in such dirty place?

Well, they were.

"We have no other option. Well, beggars can't be chosers. This place is much better than sleeping under the bridge..." The dark green-haired boy responded unenthusiastically, leaving his older sister speechless. Her retort was caught in her throat.

"Jeez, fine! Just this once! Next time, I will find a better place than this!" She declared strongly before tailing her little brother from behind, looking for the least dirty place to lay down. They found a giant table big enough for two people to lay on its surface. Luckily, it was not as dusty as other furniture.

The siblings duo cleaned the surface a little and then laid themselves on there. They stared at the black ceilings silently, minding their own business. The teenage girl suddenly frowned.

"Hey... Is this a right choice? Thinking it through, I feel like leaving Nii-san to beat up that guy... Is not a bad optio-"

"What nonsense are you talking about?!"

The teenage boy shot up from the table, glaring at his big sister furiously. His teeth were grinding in pent-up anger. "Have you forgotten our promise with Mom?! Our promise to stop Aniki from straying farther from the right path! If we let him be, he will only fall into darkness much deeper!" He yelled at the girl angrily.

"N-Nii-san is strong... He can handle that guy by himself-"

"This is not about his strength, but his feelings and emotions! He was already in bad state! He had gone through too many difficulties! Do you think he could contain his feelings after everything that struck him?! It is only a matter of time until he completely loses himself!" At this rate, he couldn't hold back his voice. Raising the volume at the loudest.

Tears began to flood in the girl's yellow eyes. She sobbed, hurt by her little brother's scolding. "I-It isn't like he is going to listen to us.... If even M-Mommy couldn't get through him, then how could w-we do it? I-It just seems impossible..." She voiced out her concern, her mind recalling all those horrible memories.

This time, the boy didn't resort to screaming at his big sister. He resulted to silence, face darkening with devastation. He wouldn't admit it, but he was taken aback by her words. "We lost Daddy, we lost Mommy... We got seperated from Nee-san while travelling here... Do you still think we have hope to stop Nii-san? He would not even listen to us when we tried to stop him before..." She continued, voice ringing with heartbreak.

Sighing, the boy pulled his older sister into a tight embrace. She cried her heart out in his arms. God, how they missed their parents' warm embrace. But right now... They only have each other.

The boy couldn't say anything back to argue. Everything the female teenager spell out were also his true feelings and thoughts that he hid deep inside his heart, but he refused to say it out loud. He wanted to assure himself. He wanted to feel there was at least a tiny bit of hope left inside.