♡ Chapter 08 ♡

Chisaki's residence,
Afternoon...

Kai's POV

I was quite shocked when I heard the door slammed open, accompanied by hurry and panic footsteps. The kids were having their afternoon naps so I doubted them to make such noises.

Deciding to check on the noise, I got up from my cozy chair and walked out of my bedroom. I descended the stairs quietly, not wanting anybody down stairs to hear me.

Don't tell me... Some random villains broke into the house? Around this hour? They made the wrong move.

I dangerously pulled off my latex glove, getting ready to attack anyone who infiltrated my house. As soon as my foot stepped on the last staircase, I showed up myself to the intruder.

But my guess was wrong. It wasn't intruder who made those loud noises just now.

Eri and her friend, Kouta — if I wasn't mistaken — were standing before me, both were breathing heavily, as if they just finished a marathon.

"Eri?" I spoke up after a long moment of silence. Eri, probably heard my voice, lifted her head up. Her ruby irises net my curious gaze. All of a sudden, tears leaked out from the corner of her eyes before her cries filled in the entire house.

"Ri-chan, what's wrong?! Did that stranger hurt you?!" Kouta asked her in worry, but she didn't seem to hear him. She proceeded to cry, while she wiped off the tears that constantly flowed down her cheeks.

"... Tell me everything that happen."

(A few minutes later)

In the living room...

"I see. So that strange teenage boy knew you two's names... That did sound suspicious. Nonetheless, I'm glad both of you are doing okay." I heaved a deep sigh of relief after Kouta finished his story.

"That guy kept touching Eri's head that it creeped me out. And he had a dangerous aura around him... So I decided to run away." Kouta ended his story there. I turned to look at Eri who was clutching on me tightly. She wouldn't let me go at all. Her whole body was violently trembling..

Another child predator? But this time, a high schooler targetting an elementary student Good grief, this world had grown more and more toxic each day. Even young teenagers dare to hurt an innocent child...

... As if I have the right to say that...

Still, the odd thing is... Why did strange people keep going after my children? First Ken, and now Eri.

I have to talk things over with Izuku regarding my concern.

"Kouta, you are staying here for the night. It is too risky for you to walk home by yourself. I will tell Izuku to inform your guardian about your current situation." I stated calmly, and Kouta nodded his head, agreeing without hesitation.

"I don't want to come across that stranger again,too... He just looks so weird and scary..." His hands clutched into tiny fists, shivering.

I darted my irises to Eri who was still crying. I was about to caress her hair to assure her, when suddenly, I sensed an unfamiliar but nostalgic vibe.

What a nuisance. Did that creeper follow them back home?

Time to "clean" some filthy animal.