♡ Chapter 20 ♡

Yagi's residence,
Late night...

Izuku's POV

I stared at the glass containing plain water that I poured in earlier. I woke up from my slumber by accident and couldn't go back to sleep. So here I am, alone in the kitchen. It was already over 3.00 a.m.

Mom was acting weird just now... Is something bothering her? Then why did she not tell me anything?

"Ah, Izuku. You aren't asleep?" Father's voice brought me back into the real world. I turned to him, surprise look written on my face. "Father!" I chirped out, flabbergasted. He pulled a chair and sat in front of me.

"What is wrong? What are you doing here by yourself?" Father asked. His eyes filled with questions and curiosity. I wondered if I should ask him about Mom or not.

"Well, what are you doing here at this hour, Father?" I questioned him back jokingly. Father smiled sheepishly and answered, "Tsuki woke me up. He just went back to sleep and I'm here to drink some water."

"Oh... I see."

"You haven't answered my question, Izuku." Father exclaimed. I swallowed down the lump in my throat. Looked like I couldn't avoid him. He would get the answer out of my mouth at any cost.

"...is something wrong with Mom? She looked pretty upset earlier..." At last, I spelt out my worry. I brought my fist close to my chest, looking anxious. My eye brows drew together as I stared at Father sadly.

Father seemed bothered by my question. He heaved a soft sigh. Gazing into my emerald eyes, he then told something that really dropped my heart, "It is regarding your late father... But I don't think I'm in the right position to tell you the details. It is better if you ask Inko yourself."

My...late father... Dad?

What is the matter with Dad? Did Mom hide something important about him from me? Is that why she looked so upset and guilty just now?

"I don't want to ask the details from you. But I truly appreciate it if you tell me a little bit... About this matter." I sounded a bit impatient and eager. I could wait for Mom to wake up, but I wanted to figure out just a little information to satisfy my curiosity.

"Well... It was related to his life as villain. That is the only thing I could tell you, Izuku. Sorry." Father wouldn't tolerate with me anymore. He suddenly got up from the chair. "I should head back to sleep. You too, Izuku. Hero needs enough rest to work to the fullest!" He pumped up his fist, grinning widely.

I shook my head and smiled amusingly at Father. I nodded at his statement. He was right. I needed to rest adequately. "Very well then. I will see you again in the morning. Good night, Father."

"Good night, Izuku."

Both of us parted ways and walked back to our own bedrooms. As I was walking, I heard a loud thud coming from the guest bedroom, as if something just fell on to the floor. I peeked my head inside but saw nothing.

Both my husband and youngest son were soundly asleep. It was probably my imagination so I ignored it...

•••••

Several hours later,
Morning...

"Okay little ones, say goodbye to Grandpa, Grandma and Tsuki." I told my kids to say one last goodbye before we leave the house. All of them yelled "Goodbye" in unison at my parents and little brother.

I went over to Mom who was carrying Tsuki. Giving him one last affectionate peck on the cheek, I smiled at my little brother. He giggled softly at me. "Be careful on your way home, Izu." Mom said. I assured her I would be careful.