𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 1

Harlow rai Evans pov

It could've been right but I was wrong
Only think 'bout you when I'm alone
Part of me that cared just know it's gone
And I know, that I can't, get caught up

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's the middle of the year and I'm on a plane by myself to forks, Washington to visit my dad. I only see him in the summer but suddenly, we stopped visiting. My mom said it was because he got busy, but I don't believe her. Around the time she said he was busy she started talking to this guy Markus. He was cool- I didn't have a problem with him. But if I'm being honest, I didn't think they'd last. To my disadvantage they've been married for 6 years, meaning that I haven't seen my dad since I was 13- I'm 19. My mind stopping running when the flight attendant instructed the plane of our landing. I grabbed my carry on and unplugged my headphones. After the struggle of people not decided whether they were going to walk or not I made it to the place he was supposed to pick me up from.

I stood on my tip toes glancing from face to face for his award-winning smile. "HARLEY" I heard him yell and I jerked my head towards his voice. To my luck he was smiling from ear to ear. I ran over and engulfed him in a hug with my head burrowed his chest. "Hey dad" I said finally lifting to meet his brown eyes. "Hey baby girl" his voice still as deep as I remembered. His Carmel skin glowed in the fluorescent light. His hair pulled back into a messy bun that he used to let me mess with as a child. "Ready to go Harley" he said. I nodded as he led me out of the airport to his black Lexus. I sat in the front as we conversed on basic things like school, my likes and dislikes, and finally my mom and her husband. He didn't give off any vibes for me. I couldn't tell if he was pleased, she was happy again or sad that it wasn't with him.

The conversation died down and my head ended up against the window and my headphone in my ears playing "Ruel". I imagined myself in the forest with nature. The elements were always something I was fond of. From the soil to the spirits within the trees. It all called me with such a melodic sound it would send me into a state of mind so deep I wouldn't remember what occurred before it.

"We're home Harlow" my dad said shaking my leg. I looked up at the two-story house I remember scarcely. My things were shipped there weeks before so my carry on was the only thing I brought. The soft wooden door creaked when I twisted the golden knob open. The smell of freshly lit candles filled my nose. "Vanilla, my favorite" I said smiling at my dad. "I wanted it to smell like home, the home you'd remember" "I remember dad. Well most of it. What I don't remember is where my room is", I finished with a slight giggle at the end. He smiled at me then led me upstairs to the very last room on the right. Before I could open it he left to his room.

I twisted the knob open to reveal a medium sized room. Tree wall art was placed comfortably on the far corner of the room. My bedspread was white with mixed green leaves towards the bottom and the headboard acting as a gold accent. A nightstand to the right of my bed was stationed perfectly by a window. The sunlight shined on a plant sitting gracefully on my nightstand. My closet was on the other side of the room. My clothes were already put up except for the box labeled "personal" which was on top of the closet. I reached up and grabbed the box and took it to my freshly made bed. I cut the tape with the keys I kept around my neck. The first thing I saw was the 4 diaries I kept on my travels and the pictures I took.

My mother travels as a doctor and she takes me with her. We visited all around the world. Especially Antarctica, Italy, rome, Denali, and Africa. I went mostly for nature and the culture. The trees were different in every place. In Italy the trees were feisty yet sophisticated. The trees in Africa were more historic and intelligent, while the Romanian trees felt more sarcastic then the rest.

I reached back into the box. My violet journal stood out with subtle engraving of leaves. I opened it and read.

Dear diary,

My mask is falling and I can't keep on my smile. Mom is still talking to Markus and I think they are getting serious! How can she replace dad like that! I mean he might have been a little delayed In the head but he was sweet. He never once yelled at me nor did he say he didn't love me. Markus on the other hand did. Today. I forgot to put my dishes in the dishwasher and he wasn't very happy. He told me I wasn't smart enough for a simple task. If it wasn't for my mom pulling in the driveway I'm scared he would've hit me. Mom came in and he was a whole different person. He pretended to love me, he lies. He was a whole different person. I would've told mom right then and there but she wouldn't have believed me, and he would've hurt me. I really just my daddy back.