𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 2

I closed my book in horror. A sudden rush of coldness fell over my face; tears. I whipped my face with the sleeve of my sweater. "Hollow can I come in" "Yea dad" he came in and stood in the doorway. "I see you like the new room" I smiled. "Yea dad it's really me." He chuckled and walked and sat at the foot of my bed. "I know you just got here but can you please do me a favor" I nodded. "Well can you go to la push and bring billy the fish downstairs?" He puckered out his lip. "Yea I can" "thanks hun" he walked out the room and left me to get ready. I changed into a black sweater dress and combat boots and headed outside.

My dad was upstairs in his room. I was about to walk out of the door when I saw a note "I figured you didn't want to walk so I got you a vehicle lol" I laughed quietly at his attempt at being funny. "Thanks dad" I yelled out to him then grabbed the keys from under the note and headed outside. I hoped for rays of sun then I realized I was in forks. A dark royal blue truck stood bright in the dark light reflecting off of it.

A squeal escaped my lips as I hopped into the black leather seats. "Hey baby" I spoke to the car as I started the engine. It sounded harmonic. I drove over to where I remembered the Rez was. After three wrong turns and a squirrel I pulled up to an old red house. I parked my truck and walked over to the door. Before I could knock the door swung open and revealed a older man with long black hair and a wheelchair.

"I'm sorry I think you have the wrong house. A small 13 year old girl with mix match fuzzy socks is supposed to be here" he said before trying to close the door. "Dad ease up, its Hollie" I smiled at my best friends since birth. He's grown so much, his hair that is. His face was more muscular then the chubby one I remember. "Ohh my Hollie has grown so much" I smiled and twirled. "Thanks Billie, dad wants me to give you these fish" I said handing him the fish. He took them and rolled away leaving me with Jacob. "So are you gonna stand there and drool or hug me you dog" I put my hands on my hips and tapped my foot. He smirked and went to hug me. At least I thought he was instead he threw me over his shoulder and walked me to the garage. "Thank god I wore shorts" I thought to myself. "I'd like to put down now" I said tapping his chest with my foot. He placed me down and I adjusted my outfit. "So, Jacob hows it going" I said sitting down on a stool and awaited his answer. "It's been fine on the reservation. Who cares though, how are you? Do you still like trees and nature? I remember you used to hug trees when we were little, the kids called you tree hugged. Then I had to beat them up- but other than that it was fun" "Yea I do still care for nature at an inhuman rate." We laughed. "How's your mom" I was hesitant to answer but I didn't want to start a new level of curiosity He wouldn't let go. "She's fine. She is still traveling her and- never mind" oh god he's going to ask about Markus. "Oh isn't she married again, how's he" my smile dropped as fast as I picked it back up. "He's um- how's billy? He seems great! Still has that sarcastic personality I envied with a passion. What about Paul how's he? Can't forget about Bella? How's she? What about Charlie-" "stop Harlow! What's wrong" he stood up and looked worried. "My step dad isn't all cotton candy and rainbows" my voice cracked mid sentence. "What do you mean Hollie- what happened? Did he hit you?" His skin grew red. "No, almost" I muttered the last part. Yet his face still looked like he heard it. "I'll kill him" he growled. I walked over to him to tell him I was ok. As soon as my hand came in contact with his cheek it burned like mini flames in the pits of my skin. "Ouch" I took my hand off his face and held it in my colder hand. His face dropped as I caressed my fingers. "I-I'm Sorry I didn't mean to" his voice was soft. "I'm ok Jacob " he didn't believe me. "Look at me Jacob, I'm ok I promise" I hugged him. Each part of my body grew warmer each second I held him. "I have to go" I told him. He nodded and smiled. I stood on my tip toes and kissed his cheek softly before walking towards my car. "Nice to have you back Harlow rai Evans" he yelled back. I waved through the window and pulled out of the dirt and gravel driveway and towards home.

I parked the car and headed inside. Dad was still in his room but dinner was made. I went upstairs and into my room. I grabbed a pair of shorts and an old shirt and changed. "DINNER" I heard him yell. I walked downstairs and into the granite kitchen. "Smells good dad" I said admiring the chicken. "Thanks princess" we made our plates and ate in silence. "I get you just got here but I signed you up for school, you don't have to start tmr if you don't want to" "I'll start" I smiled at him then put my dishes along with his. I kissed his forehead and wished him a goodnight before I went upstairs. I laid in my bed under the sheets. The cool feeling was new to me since I've gotten used to Jacobs warmth. It coo'd me to sleep.