𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 18 (final chapter)

They say darkness is supposed to be peaceful. That silence was comforting. The isolation of a heart beat was supposed to be breath taking. That was all true except for today. Her darkness grew silently till it overtook her body leaving her trapped. Trapped in darkness. Trapped in silence. Trapped in isolation. No matter how loud she screamed or how far she'd run, she was trapped. Giving up seemed like her best choice. No more pain. She'd be free. But, what's free? For her free was with Bella telling stories. For her free was running through the clearing watching the flowers follow in the surrounding air. Free was watch old movies with her father. Free was with the cullens. Free was with her friends at the reservation wrestling. Free was jasper. Without those...death is inevitable. Giving up wasnt a choice anymore. Living without the only people who gave her a taste of life was death in its own. With every fiber of her being she urged her eyes open. Subtle glimpses of light peered through until she was blinded by it. Once her eyes adjusted she was met with concerned eyes. A smile grew on her face.

"I'm free" she whispered. Her friends who'd grown as family smiled intensely. The first one to bring her into a hug was rose. Other than jasper she was hurt the most. Her connection with Harlow was thicker than blood.

"Please don't leave me like that again Harlow" rose said in the crook of harlow's neck. "I don't plan on it" she responded hugging her tightly before parting. Everyone except jasper pulled her into a bone crushing hug filled with 'I love yous'. Once they departed her eyes slowly went to jasper. There was no smile on his face. There wasn't joy in his eyes. He turned swiftly and walked out of the room towards the backyard.

Harlow stood and followed him. When she called his name he continued walking until he stoped by the widow tree she found awhile back. He stoped and laid his back against the tree, slowly falling down it until he was fully on the ground. Harlow sat infront of him with her legs crossed.

"What's wrong jasper" she asked. His eyes met hers. She tried to stay in the moment but the deep honey seas of his eyes pulled her in every which way. The way his lips parted to fill his lungs with air placed her so deeply in a trance. How the wind would blow small strands of his golden locks into his face and he'd raise his hand to push it out of the way, did nothing put push her farther into the trance. His very existence had her wrapped around his finger with no thought of getting off.

All while Harlow was watching jasper aimlessly he was trying not to break her heart. He didn't want to address how much it hurt watching her risk her life for them. How much she wanted to sacrifice herself for the good of her family not taking into consideration that she had became a part of his family.

"You hurt me harlow" jasper said looking down at the dulling green grass. His voice drained of any form of life.

"I did?" Harlow questioned. The sound of her heart breaking could be heard by anyone listening.

"You could've died out there. You went into this without telling us! Without telling your father! I'm pretty sure he thinks your upstairs sleeping, but you're here recovering." His voice was quiet but every once and awhile his voice would raise then fall.

"Jasper I-" her voice broke when jasper met her eyes. His was starting to tremble. Her eyes closed to prevent more tears.

"No harlow. This isn't just about you anymore. We all love you. Hell! I love you! But I'll be damned if I let you do anything like this again without at least giving me a heads up. I'm here for you harlow rai Evans! But I can't be here for you if you don't let me." Utter pain laced his words.

"I'm sorry jasper, I am but I can't do that. I personally can't live knowing I ruined your life by dragging you into my problems. Loving you is what keeps me going...I can't move without you. So I'm sorry if I didn't plan on losing you today! I'm so sorry!" Her speech grew angry.

"You're not dragging me anywhere I don't already want to go! Why can't you understand that I want YOU! I'm here for YOU! So dragg me into your problems! RUIN MY LIFE HARLOW! If that means I get to spend the rest of it with you then I don't care." His breath sped up.

Harlow was trying to keep her composure but every word he threw at her with such emotion was intriguing in so many ways. She couldn't help herself. She lunges herself to him. Her lips immediately coming in contact with his. His lips went from trembling to focused on nothing but her. Harlow broke this kiss after a few seconds.

"I choose you" she said looking him into his eyes.

"I choose you" he returned with a smile.

"Forever and always" they said In unison.