𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 6

'Cause you're my painkiller
When my brain gets bitter
You keep me close
When I've been miserable
And it takes forever
To let my brain get better
You keep me close

I contemplated on whether or not to fill my void within him or not. I couldn't take the feeling of warmth swarming around me. His cold body cooled the swarming fire within me. I gave up. I started off slow. Casually standing and walking away. I stood behind a wall and counted. 1....2...3...4....5...6...7...8...9...10
I walked back over to the couch but sat comfortably closer to him. He didn't budge, not even a sign of breathing. He sat himself closer to the back of the couch. I took my chance and leaned my upper body on his chest. In response his bleak arm was wrapped along the sides of my body. The heat rising in my cheeks slowly flushed into the chilly temperatures rising from his chest. I released a painless breath I held. I listened for a heartbeat, nothing of any resemblance to sound hit my ears. The silence would've annoyed me but not this time. Instead it hushed me to a peaceful state.

My eyes slowly flickered open as the cold feeling through my body was replaced by the odd sensation of heat I wasn't fond of.
"Thanks jasper for bringing her home, did she show any changes yet" the voice I could only classify as my dad asked. "Kinda. She gets lost in thought occasionally and shows a deep connection with nature as u predicted" the soothing southern accent of jasper rained in my ears. "She's gonna take after her mother, a dryad. Let's hope she doesn't get my vampire tendencies she'll be a feisty newborn." 'Wait what! They laughed? Is this funny?' I thought internally. "Well thanks jasper! Please tell your family I wish them love" my father said happily resulting in a thanks from jasper before they parted ways. My dad carried me effortlessly into my room before laying me under my sheets. He wished me a sweet slumber then kissed my forehead and left. I wanted to think about what they spoke about but the comfort of my bed left me longing for a thoughtless slumber. It didn't happen that way

Blood red, a disturbing yet alluring color. Matched so perfectly to my caramel skin. My body much lighter than before, more lifeless than before. I was more lifeless than before, but I still felt full of life. Ironic right? I walked down the unfamiliar stairs of a white wall laced with pictures of people I vaguely remember. The bottom of the stairs led into a living room filled with the undead. The cullens. They sat like they were waiting for someone. Me? I walked closer to them awaiting someone to see me. "Is she ready yet Alice" Rosalie asked. "She's on her way, and she's not very happy" Alice said as she tilted her head towards the light oak floor. Almost on cue i came through the door. Well the real me. How'd she know I was coming? I looked at myself. I looked tired. Had I slept? "What are you people" my voice was horsed. "Have a seat Ms.Evans I'm sure we can't talk this over" Carlisle said with that elegant voice he used ever so carefully. "NO, no. I-i just wanna know what's happening to me! I hear everything! I fucking glew outside! My eyes are a greenish red! The- the trees are just- I don't know ok! I'm freaking out!" My voice wasn't as much as a yell as it sounded like a plead. Jasper walked...well ran to me. He placed his hands on my shoulders and looked into my eyes. I watched my face slowly turned to a simple grin. What did he just do to me? "Come sit down Harlow" i watched myself follow him like a lost puppy. We sat down and the conversations began, but I couldn't hear it. I could see there mouths moving but my ears weren't picking up their voices not even my own. Instead I heard the whispers of the trees. "Beware child, unwanted visitors have watched" then like a flip of a switch I heard the ending of the converstaion. "So that's it, you guys are-"

My body shot up. "Vampires" I spoke out of breath. Shit