Chapter One: What a Reunion

Lizbeth's POV:

I breathed out, fascinated as I watched my breath turn into white fog. Been around a long time, yet it never failed to amaze me. No, not the fog- the science behind it. I had a love for science, but not one that I let myself indulge myself in very often. I would be too busy... I don't know, doing other stuff. Locked away in a hotel room planning revenge against Niklaus Mikaelson and his family. Killing unsuspecting mortals and idiot vampires. I had a black beanie on my head, and my signature gold-rimmed sunglasses sat on my nose. Despite the cold. My hands were gloved and shoved deep into my coat pockets, for more than one reason- the scarring on my hands was quite bad and it tended to scare mortals who looked at it, and it was cold. I had on my favourite furry UGG boots and a pair of jogger bottoms, my bright red hair pulled up into a high pony tail that fell half way down my back. I hummed quietly to myself, walking up a snow-covered drive. What a reunion this is going to be.

I knocked on the door three times, hard. I then proceeded to lean casually against the door frame. There was the noise of feet coming down the stairs, and a muffled 'I'll get it' before I smelt the delicious smell of human blood. I inhaled deeply through my nose as the door opened, and a brown haired, brown eyed girl with a pretty smile stood there. Katerina Patrova. No. This was the other, newer one... Elena Gilbert, my sources told me. "Hello." I said, not moving from my position on the door frame. Her eyes widened. "Hello, is there something that I can help you with."

"Yes. Damon and Stefan Salvatore, where are they?" I asked. "Are they home?"

"Elena!" Called Stefan's voice. "Who's at the door?" I brushed past the human girl despite her protests, having been invited in here many times before. "It's me." I called back, pulling off my sunglasses with my gloved hands and sliding them back into my pockets, along with my hands. The human girl stared at me in shock, and I turned to give her a look that sent most humans running. "I've never seen eyes like yours..." She said quietly. "Not many have." I replied. A rusty red colour, but not bright enough to be the same shade of my hair, the colour was next to impossible to have naturally. Part of the reason I wore sunglasses- helped me blend in, apart from in winter. Slow, even footsteps came down the stairs. Footsteps I recognised as my brother, Stefan. When he saw me standing in his foyer, a took a deep breath. "Hello, Lizbeth."

"Hello, Stefan. I would say that it's lovely to see you again, but you wouldn't return the sentiment. Where's Damon?"

"Why are you here?" He asked wearily, a tired look in his eyes. "Has the human girl been wearing you out, Stefan?" I asked as I ran my fingers along one of the ancient vases that I had collected from an unwilling vendor. An unwilling vendor that is now dead. And had been for a while now. "Who is she?" Elena whispered to Stefan. "I can hear you." I said as I peered at one of the many pictures in the wall, my eyebrows flicking up when I saw all three of us together, laughing, before I moved on to the glass case which contained daggers of all kinds. Many of which I recognised from my own... adventures. "She's my sister." Stefan replied. "Older." I said, answering one of her thoughts unintentionally. "Don't, Lizbeth."

"Sorry, not sorry." I replied with a grin and moving on to the next glass case. "Why are you here?" He asked again. I turned to face him finally, pulling my hands out of my pockets and pulling off my gloves. The human Elena gasped at the sight, her eyes opening wide with fear and her hands beginning to shake. Wow, she smelled good... "I suggest," I snapped, "That you get the human out of here unless you want her to become my afternoon tea." Elena swallowed, and I watched the artery in her neck thrum with life. My mouth dry as my fangs slipped out, and Stefan hurried her out of the room. "Why are you here?" Stefan said yet again, frustrated. "Am I not allowed to visit my dearest brothers?"