Chapter 18: What do you take me for, an amateur?

A/N: Proceed with caution. Mentions of suicide, so if that's triggering for you, this is probably one to skip :)

Lizbeth's POV

I lay in Nikoli's arms, watching TV- though I had the distinct impression that he, rather than watching the program, was watching me. "Have I got something on my face?" I asked, turning to face him with an amused smile. He shook his head slowly, a stupid smile on his face. "Then why are you watching me?"

"Because you're so beautiful." He murmured, and I laughed and turned back to the TV. "What?" He asked, running a hand down my arm. "You don't believe me?" I let out another quiet laugh. "No, it's not that." He hummed and asked, "Well, then, what is it?" I thought about my answer for a while before relying, "It seems absurd someone could love me as much as you, flaws and all." I waved my scarred hands for him to see. He caught them in his own, and kissed them. "You don't have any flaws."

"That's not true." I accused him. "It is." He insisted, and when his eyes met mine a light shone there. "It's not!" I protested, one of my own stupid smiles pulling up my lips. He flipped us over, looming over me. I shrieked I tried to roll out from under him, laugher making my breathing irregular. He didn't let me out and said, "Well, if you don't believe me..."

"No!" I gasped, grinning. His fingers began tickling me, as he raised his eyebrows and thought aloud, "I wonder if the big bad Salvatore sister is ticklish." I was. I was grinning and laughing as he watched me roll under him, a fond smile on his face. "Nikoli! Stop!"

"Nope. Not until you agree with me!"

"Nikoli!" I gasped through laughs, trying to shove him away from me. "Agree with me, and I'll stop!" He repeated. "Fine! Fine, you're right!" He stopped, but stayed over me. "About what?"

"I guess I don't have that many flaws." He raised his eyebrows and his hands started to inch towards me again. "Stop!" I laughed. "That wasn't the right answer though." He said. "How many flaws do you have?"

"Will you let me off if I say you have no flaws?" I asked. "Nope. I already know that." He grinned at me, and I laughed again. "Fine. I have no flaws. Happy?"

"Hmm. Very." He tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear and leaned forwards to give me a brief kiss, before rolling off me. I was still slightly out of breath. He tucked me to his side, and I rested my head on his shoulder. "I love you." He murmured, pressing another kiss to the top of my head. I hummed. "I know. Can we watch the show now?"

"What you're not going to say it back?" He asked, mock surprise on his face when I turned to face him. "I'm not going to tell you something you already know." I objected, before turning back to the TV. "And what if I forgot?"

"Then I'll be here for the rest of eternity to remind you." He had no answer to that, but rather squeezed me gently.

Later on that day, me and Nikoli were sitting on the floor in the living room, a game of Monopoly between us. "Wait- you just passed Go, so you get $200." He frowned as he surveyed the board. "What? I passed 'Go'?"

"Yes. You see that one that says go?" He nodded. "If you read it, it says if you pass go then collect $200." I handed him two hundreds. He nodded slowly. "And you get $200 too?" I shook my head. "Nope."

"Why not?"

"I didn't pass go."

"So you only get it if you pass this go?" I nodded. "Yup. Now, pick up a community chest." A frown reappeared. "A... community chest?" He questioned. I sighed and rested my head onto the sofa. "My apologies, love, I just can't seem to grasp the concept of this game."