Chapter Five: Don't use my own words against me

A/N If it's in bold and italics like so then it's a text message. Thanks.

I packed my bags- Nikoli doing the same.  I didn't bother saying goodbye to my brothers as I assumed that they wouldn't be interested anyway, they'd probably be glad. And somewhere, despite the façade, part of me wanted my brother's love and acceptance. But I quickly shushed that part; I knew it wasn't going to happen. Nikoli booked the flight out, and claimed it to be first class as 'I can't sit in economy class. I need leg space!' I'd just shrugged. Nikoli grabbed my arm and dragged my to the car while I swatted him away. "Don't touch me." I protested, and he let go, holding up his hands. "Sorry, ma'am."

"You should be sorry." I snapped. "What's up?" He asked, tilting his head. "Nothing." I replied as I went to open the driver's side door. "Hey! I'm driving." Nikoli said, rushing over. "No. I am."

"Are we going to have an argument over this?"

"We will unless I drive, yes."

"You're like a mardy child."

"I am a child, compared to you, and as for mardy... well." He raised an eyebrow. "Well?" I chuckled and opened the drivers side, sitting in the seat before he could and slamming the door. "Not anymore."

We arrived at the airport after a three hour drive that Nikoli had spent with his arms crossed and scowling. Mardy child, indeed. Nikoli insisted in carrying both our suitcases, as apparently it wouldn't suffice to let a lady carry her own suitcase. I'd just shrugged and figured that if I didn't need to carry my own luggage then it was most definitely not the worst thing in the world. We made our way through customs and then security, before walking out into the shopping-thingie area. "What do you want to do?" He asked. "Food?" I asked, and he raised a disapproving eyebrow. "Here? Liz-"

"No, you dimwit. I meant human food."

"Oh." I nodded. "Yes, 'oh'." He shrugged. "Okay, sure. Do you want to grab a table and I'll order?" He suggested. "Okay." I agreed. "Sure. Wait- do you know how to use the machines?" I asked, concerned. He turned to me with a cocky smile. "If I don't, I'll work it out." I laughed and he grinned before turning and walking to a machine. I slid and sat own in a chair, pulling out my phone when it chimed.

Damon: Where are you?

I typed out a quick reply before pressing send.

You: Not wherever you're looking, that's for sure.

Damon: Elizabeth. Where are you.

You: Who wants to know?

Damon: Me!

You: Well, why?

Damon: Because I say so.

Damon: Wait, you're not with the idiot Kol are you?

"Who're you messaging?" Nikoli asked as he walked back, baring food and drinks. "My brother. Damon."

"What does he want?" He inquired, pushing a straw into his drink and taking a sip from it. "To know where I am." He raises an eyebrow. "Are you going to tell him?" I laughed and shook my head. "It brings me no greater pleasure, Nikoli, to deny Damon what he wants." Nikoli smiled. "I feel the same way about my siblings." I nodded. "I mean, Stefan... Stefan, I could get along with- it's just- it's just, he trusts to easily. And therefore I can't trust him, because he could trust anyone."

"You mean," Nikoli said, inclining his head, "He trusts Damon."

"Maybe. I guess." Nikoli nodded, and didn't pry any further. "Are you going to eat your food or what?" I laughed and pulled it closer towards me. "I will. Did you have any trouble with the machines?"

"No. I'm Kol Mikaelson. I can do anything."  

I sat in first class- as Nikoli had professed- with my headphones on and plugged into the screen that was in front of me, playing a movie. I believe that it was called 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone'. The concept was ridiculous and wizards didn't even exist. I didn't understand how so any mortals could watch and enjoy, but I kept it playing in the hope that my experience might improve. It didn't. Nikoli leaned over and asked, "What are you watching?"

"Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone." Nikoli pulled a face. "That's a terrible movie."

"Yes, I'm starting to realise that now. How do mortals watch this?" Nikoli shrugged. "Don't ask me. I was in a coffin for what, 900 years?" I chuckled. "Yeah, I guess." 

"How long do we have left?" He asked, and I shrugged. "No idea."

"Can you check?"

"Can you?" I asked. "Don't know how to work these machines."

"I thought you were Kol Mikaelson. Can't you do anything?" He threw me a dirty look. "Don't use my own words against me." I laughed. "I shall do what I like."

"Please. Just show me how to do it." I chuckled and paused the movie, before turning to give Nikoli my full attention. "How did you travel back when you weren't daggered?" I asked, and he glared at me and rolled his eyes. "Horses, on foot or ships." He replied. "Right. How long did that take?" I inquired. "Use your brain!" He groaned. "Tell me, Liz."

"What'll you give me?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. He raised an eyebrow back at me and purred, "What is it that you want, darling?" I laughed, smirking. "What are you suggesting, Nikoli?"

"It's obvious that you'd fall for me, Liz. I mean," He looked down at himself while I looked on with both my eyebrows raised, "Look at me. I'm practically a Greek God." I chuckled deeply before replying, "I think that honour goes to Edward Cullen and Edward Cullen only, Nikoli." He frowned. "Who's Edward Cullen?" I smirked as I replied, "Practically a Greek God. Weren't you listening?"

"I told you not to use my own words against me." He growled. "Here. Look." I tapped on his screen and got it up, tapping on the 'My Flight' mode. "There you are. Tells you everything." He looked upon the screen with awe. "What does mph mean?"

"Miles per hour. It's a measurement of how fast something is traveling, and so we're going about," I checked the screen. "570 miles per hour."

"You don't realise how lucky you are, Liz."

"Why?" I asked. "Because before I was daggered, this wasn't something that anyone could have dreamed be possible. It's... well, it's incredible. I've never seen anything like it." I frowned as I contemplated what he said. "It's evolution, Nikoli, it's bound to happen."

"I know, but it's amazing never the less."

"Maybe." I conceded. "Maybe it is."

Hello!

You know the drill by now. Spellings, check. Don't forget to vote and comment. And have a lovely morning/afternoon/evening wherever in the world you are and a very merry Christmas!

-cody

Word Count: 1146