032

santana's point of view

Taeyun is an awful driver, i was literally praying in the back of his car to make it to the jail safely. Before any of them can hop out the car I stop them.

Me: Give me the money I'll bail him out.
Lee: I'll do it.
Me: No you won't, you guys have been in the public eye way too much these past few weeks. If dispatch sees all three of you bailing out a former member after a random disbandment they'll never shut up.

They all sigh.

He hands me the cash and I hop out the car making sure no one sees. Kids, be a counselor at the office not outside the office. Because if you do it outside you'll end up bailing your client's friend out of jail.

Weren't you the one who was hell bent on figuring out why they disbanded?

Touché.

I've had to come to the jailhouse to bail my drunk ass grandfather out before so this isn't my first rodeo, but it is my first time bailing out an idol.

I take a deep breath before walking up to the main desk. The cop gives me a quick smile before asking me if I needed something.

Me: I'm here to bail out Jeon Jaeyoon.

Her eyes widen before she regained composure.

Her: Okay and you are?
Me: A friend of his.

She nods as she types up some things on a computer. He was arrested for public intoxication, not a serious offense but still.

I give her the money and she tells me to wait a few moments until they bring him up. I ignore the texts from the boys. If they knew what I was doing I wouldn't be able to sit down for weeks.

After twenty minutes they finally bring him up. His eyes are bloodshot red and his hair is a disheveled mess. He looks at me and frown, before he can blow my cover I practically drag him out of there.

He snatches away from me once we get outside.

Jay: Who the hell are you? Some crazy fan?
Me: Listen here drunky, I helped bail you out because your friends didn't want you to sit and rot in a jail cell.

He scoffs.

Jay: I don't have friends.

A car door closes and I already know what comes next. Jay looks up and gasps. The boys frown as they see their friend.

Taeyun: Jay, are you okay?
Jay: I'm fine. What're you guys doing here?
Lee: You were in jail dummy.
RJ: What happened?

Jay shrugs, he avoids eye contact by looking at the cars passing by.

Jay: A misunderstanding.
Taeyun: Being a drunken nuisance in public sounds like more than a misunderstanding. I thought you didn't drink.
Jay: I don't, well I didn't.

My phone begins to vibrate signaling a call. I sigh as I pull my phone out.

Me: Hello?
MaeLynn: Hi Santana, it's Mae from the library.

I freeze.

MaeLynn: Hello?
Me: Ah, yeah. How can I help you?
MaeLynn: You never returned your book, it's due tomorrow. Just a friendly reminder.
Me: I'll be there later on today.
MaeLynn: Excellent.

I hang up and a chill runs up my spine. Ever since figuring out how crazy she is Ive been avoiding that library, hence the reason why I still have the book.

Jay: Well as you all can see I'm fine now so.

But he's not fine, he's a mess. According to Wonho his drinking habit has gotten him into quite the situations.

Lee: How long have you been drinking?
Jay: Not that long, today was just stressful.

Liar.

Taeyun: Why don't you come back to the house with us so we can talk about this.

He shakes his head.

Jay: No, I'm fine.

He finally looks at his members. Sadness paints his face, it makes me want to run up and hug the boy.

Jay: Thanks for bailing me out. You guys take it easy.

Before he can turn away RJ grabs his arm.

RJ: Hyung don't be this way. We found out where Anthony is, so we're a step closer to coming back together.

Jay laughs humorlessly.

Jay: That's good for you guys but that idol life is not for me. It hasn't done anything but caused me unnecessary amounts of angst and stress.

They all stress.

Taeyun: We didn't know this, why didn't you come talk to us.
Jay: Because hyung, who cares? No one truly cares.
Lee: Of course we did.
Jay: You didn't care enough, you would've seen it a long time ago.
Lee: Seen what?
Jay: Exactly.

He starts to walk off again leaving us all dumbfounded.

Me: Was it you? Were you the one who went to the CEO and proposed the idea of disbandment.

He pauses and turns around.

Jay: No, you should talk to Anthony about that.

Then he leaves.

___

i hate when cramps try to linger around like?? go away..

Jay is played by.. Brian Kang (from:: Day6)

 Brian Kang (from:: Day6)