Chapter 68

Arriving Maldives late at night as Kevin had something urgent that needed his attention previously, they didn't meet any of his family. Therefore, they directly went to the room. Kevin always stayed in a president suite where Clarisse would be safe enough to stay in the same room since it had two bedrooms and a living room with a kitchen inside.

Clarisse took a hot shower as soon as they got into the room. She had carefully chosen her outfits since she knew it was a bad thing if she tried to provoke his man's instinct. She wore a long-sleeved maroon silk pajamas.

She had told Kevin that she felt tired so she would sleep earlier. Moreover, she had to wake up early in the morning to attend the matrimony as bridemaid.

She slipped into the cozy bed. It didn't take much time when she drifted to her slumber.

In the living room, Kevin still had to attend a video conference meeting with his company in US. It took awhile before he could finally rest. He went to freshen up before going to Clarisse's room.

He could see a figure buried in the thick blanket. He walked to the bed and sat on the edge of it. He caressed the woman's cheek before planting a kiss on her forehead. He was about to leave the room when his phone suddenly rang.

He quickly left the room as he was afraid that it would wake her up. He looked at a string of unfamiliar number in his personal phone. This phone number was only known by his close family and close friends. So, which stranger had the source to earn his private number?

He answered the call and greeted by a very gentle voice. He was very familiar with the voice. The voice that used to paint his youth. "I didn't think that you haven't changed your number."

"Speak", his reply was as cold as the glacier in the North.

"I'll wait for you in our favourite spot."

Their favourite spot? He remembered that once he used to visit this island with his friends. The Lou family owned the luxury hotel there. Although he focused on his study, he would occasionally come to take a break. For the most, he came because the person on the phone liked to be here.

He turned his head to Clarisse's room before heading out. He walked step by step to the so-called favourite spot. He saw a woman in pale blue long dress sitting on a tall chair. Her hair was tied into a pony tail which showed her slender neck.

He walked closer to the woman and stopped to stand beside her. He didn't start the conversation for a very long time and the woman also did the same. They seemed to be in each other's companion without any words, yet it was such a tranquil view.

Clarisse who was still in her deep sleep suddenly awoke because of nightmare. In the dream, she saw Kevin walking away. She kept on calling his name but he didn't turn around even once, leaving her alone.