22. Captured

I awoke in a small, white room. I was lying on a table, my wrists and ankles strapped with strange, glowing, blue straps. A man sat at a counter, facing away from me, slowly bopping his head to the song "In the Air Tonight".

It wasn't until I tried to speak, that I realized my mouth was taped shut. I tried pulling at the restraints, but they held right. My movement, caused the man to turn and face me.

His skin was olive and he had dreamy deep, brown eyes that were framed by a handsome face. His dark brown hair was cut close at the sides, and a little longer on top.

"Well, well, well. You're quite the elusive little creature, arent you?" He smiled a charming smile, revealing perfectly straight, pearly white teeth. "I didn't think you'd be captured as easily as you were."

He came to stand next to me. "Now, I'm going to take the tape off, but first I'm going to set a few ground rules. Okay?"

I nodded, eager to be able to speak.

He pulled his shoulders back, as if pleased with himself. "Good. I know you retain parts of each life, which means you might have a little witch left in you. I don't want you whispering any spells cause it'll only work for a moment on me, and it'll make me very angry. Understand?"

I nodded again, even though I knew nothing about spellcasting. I knew I was in a bad situation, but I tried not to show fear in my eyes.

"I do know you have angel in you, and that's why I have these special restraints on you. Also, this room is angel proof, which means it blocks any telepathic messages you might try and send out to your friends, so there's no point in trying. If you do, I'll hear it. Being this close to you, it'll echo through my head. It's unpleasant. Don't do it."

He walked over to a corner where there was a metal box, which sat on wheels. There were wires attached to the front of it. He wheeled it over. "This is my own invention. It only works on angels, and it's really quite painful. I'm going to give you a small taste of what it can do, just so you know what you'll face if you disobey the rules forbidding you to speak."

He held up three wires with little clips at the end, which opened like clothespins. "I'm just going to put these on your fingers. They won't hurt until I turn the machine on." He clamped them on the three middle fingers of my left hand.

He reached for a button on the metal box. "Ready?"

I braced myself for pain and watched him press the button. Instantly, I felt an indescribable pain, which caused my body to go stiff. It was as if a million lightning bolts were coursing through my entire body, sending excruciating waves of stabbing pain. There was a strange stinging sensation between my shoulder blades, but I barely noticed, because I couldn't move, or focus on anything, but the pain.

Suddenly, it stopped, and my body finally relaxed. I realized tears were running down my temples.

"There. That should be enough to convince you not to try anything stupid. " He ripped the tape off my mouth. "I saw your little angel wings trying to emerge, but this machine hinders your abilities, so they couldn't unfurl. "

"What do you want from me?" My voice was weak, still affected by the torture machine.

"Abigail, or should I call you Ellariel? Surely, you know who I am, but I'll introduce myself anyway." He took a smug bow. "My name is Abaddon."

"Seth will come for me."

"Do you really think that dog and his crew of ingrates can help you?" He held his arms out, and looked around the room. "I told you, this room is protected. They can't sense you and you can't send out an angel beacon. It'll be blocked."