1. Meeting her with the boys

"I heard this coffee shop is the best in Oklahoma!" Ponyboy said excited. It was just Ponyboy, Steve, and I. Darry had too work, Dally and Johnny went somewhere together and Two-Bit had watch his sister. "Yeah, We get it Ponyboy!" Steve said annoyed. I can tell Steve is annoyed with Pony sometimes but I kind of had to watch him and I love him as a brother. We got to the coffee shop eventually and we sat down at the counter. There was a couple of people working in the back. A waitress walked up to us. "Hi honey, What do you want?" I looked at her. "Oh I'm fine I already had breakfast" I explained to her. "What did you have?" She asked. "Uh-h , chocolate milk and some cake." I said. "That's not breakfast! Dylan get this boy some eggs!" the waitress yelled to someone in the back. I heard someone from the back say "Alright." The waitress took Steve's then Pony's order.

"So what do you think of the place?" Pony asked. I shrugged "It's alright." I implied. "Pony you're actually annoying, I'm leaving." Steve got up and left, Pony followed to purposefully annoy him now. I was the only one left now, I looked around.

I turned around and saw a girl behind me, She looked very cute. She has wavy blonde and she has blue eyes. I don't know how to approach her, Maybe she'll be back here again tomorrow. Well lets hope she is, I got up and headed out. I went home.

"Soda where were you?" Darry asked. "Oh I was at the coffee shop, but Steve and Pony left me." I said. "Okay well try not to leave alone okay?" Darry said. "Alright." I walked upstairs to Pony and I's bedroom. Pony was in there reading a book. "Hey Soda." Pony said while still looking down at his book. "You took forever to get back." He said. "Yeah, Well I saw this girl and she was pretty cute." I said. Pony looked at me and smirked. "Ohh Soda has a crush!" Pony said while laughing. "Shh-h I don't want Darry hearing then he'll give me a long lecture about how I shouldn't date or something." Pony nodded. "Well is she going to be there tomorrow?" Pony asked. "I'm not sure, I really hope so." I said. "Well get some sleep so you can see her tomorrow." Pony said while putting down his book and turning off the light. I lied down and closed my eyes falling asleep.

I got up the next to take a shower and at least look nice. I walked downstairs and saw the gang sitting in the living room. "What do you look so nice for?" Two-Bit asked. "Two-Bit, don't be so dumb it is obvious he's going to go see a girl." Dally said. I blushed a little. "Well tell Darry I'm heading out." They all nodded and I walked out the house. 

I got to the coffee shop and I saw her, She was sitting there with waffles trying to make a waffle house. I sat in a booth that is in front of her. I started to look at the menu. "Hey chocolate guy!" the waitress from yesterday said. I looked at her and smiled. "Hey! Can I just get a chocolate milk?" I asked. She nodded and walked by the girl. The girl looked at her and smiled. "Hey Mia nice haircut!" the girl said to the waitress. The waitress smiled and thanked her then she walked to the back. I stared at the girl, She is very cute. She got back to her waffle house making and it looked like she was struggling trying to put the door on her waffle house. I took a tooth pick and got up, I walked towards her.

"Hey, this might help." I said while sticking the tooth pick into the door an I attached it. "Now people can get in and out." I implied while moving the door. She smiled and looked away. "Now why didn't I think of that?" she asked herself. "Hey you're close to the project, You don't see things from an outsiders perspective don't put the pressure on yourself!" I stated. "Yeah it's always great to get an outsiders perspective." She said while giggling. "Well, I'm Brynn." She said holding out her hand. "Yes, I'm Sodapop Curtis!" I said while shaking her hand. "Nice too meet you, Well keep up the good work with your waffle house!" I said while heading back to my seat.

"Wait, I see you're sitting there alone. Um do you want to come and sit down?" She asked. I turned around and smiled at her. "Sure, Sure that would be great." I said while sitting down on the other side of the table. "So- are you a student?" Brynn asked. "I am not, I pump people's gas." I said. "Oh that's what's the smell is coming from?" She said. "Yeah, Yeah I pumped someone's gas the other day and I spilled some on me, The gas smell doesn't really come off." I said while grabbing a lemon and smearing some on me. "I love that smell." Brynn hinted. "No, you don't oil it's self don't even like that smell." I said kind of embarrassed. "No! I do my dad is a gas mechanic, he and my brother Carter work all day long and- and I miss them so much when they're gone that when they come back I...I just hold onto them for 10 minutes each." I smiled and nodded. "Well they smell just like you. It's the best smell in the world." She said while smiling. "Well my hands are available for your sniffing pleasure anytime you need them." I said while smiling back. Brynn giggled at my comment.

We we're talking for hours and I was throwing some random facts at her. Brynn started to laugh. "I-I like your laugh!" I said. "I like you making me laugh." She said while giggling. The waitress Mia came over and said. "I hate to break this up but we're setting up for lunch. "Oh, Oh okay sorry Mia." Brynn said while looking at me and smiling. We got up and I walked her out to her car. "I- I have to go-" She said while checking the time. "Where are you going?" I asked. "It's my dad's birthday and we go every year and pick out a birthday cake and it's a tradition." She said calmly. "That sounds nice, okay well I had a great time!" I said. "Would you like to have breakfast again tomorrow morning around the same time because I teach a painting class at 12!" "Oh really? I wish I could make it but yes I will be there!" I said. She giggled again and hugged me. I hugged her back and we said goodbye to each other. She walked to her car and got in. "Oh my god." I said to myself. I started to head home. That was a really great date I can't wait to go back tomorrow.