4. Trying To Get Her To Like Me Everyday

I walked in the coffee shop and saw the Dylan guy. "Hey how is she?" I asked. Dyaln looked at me and said. "Hey, chocolate guy. What are you doing here?" "I- uh I just wanted to say hi to Brynn..." I said. Dylan walked to pick some plates up and I sort of followed him. "I promise I'm not going to do anything wrong." I said. He picked up a butter knife from a plate and held it up. "What did Mia say?" He asked. "She said if I talk to Brynn, you'd kill me with a butter knife." I said jokingly while backing up. "She's the boss. But don't worry. Brynn probably didn't want to talk to you anyways!" he said. "u-uh what is that suppose to mean?" I asked. "This is not a club. She doesn't want guys hitting on her while she has her breakfast!" he implied. "Heh she does if it's Sodapop Curtis!" I said. "Whose that?" "Whose that? I'm that!" I said. 'I bet you 20 bucks I can get her to have breakfast again!" I said. He looked at Brynn then back at me. "You're on." He said while putting out his hand, I shook it.

I saw Brynn tell Mia she has a nice haircut again. I walked over to Mia, She glared at me. "Hey Dylan and I have an arrangement. You can trust me!" She shoved a menu in my chest. "Don't worry." I sat at the counter, I saw her struggling trying to put her door on her waffle house again. I cleared my throat to get Dylan's attention. He looked at me and I grabbed a tooth pick. I turned around and approached Brynn. "Here you should try this out. Put this in here and the door is movable now." I said while putting the tooth pick in the waffle house. She looked at me and folded her arms. "Oh are you from another country where it's okay to stick your fingers all over someone else's food?" she asked. "Oh...Uh no...Why? Where you gonna eat that?" I asked. "Oh. Alright well have a good meal i guess-" I said while walking away. I looked at Dylan, He gave me a thumbs up then put them down. 

A month in trying to do this I drew two people working on a car, Implying it as being her dad and brother. I walked over too her. "Hey I'm sorry for bothering you...but you look like a person who enjoys art...So I wanted your opinion on this." I showed her the drawing. "I drew this. It's a picture of a father and son working on a car and-" I got cut off by her saying. "Mi dispiace ma sto provando a mangiare così bene ciao!" "What?" I asked. "Sto cercando di godermi il mio pasto!" "Oh- You don't speak English. Okay." I said and walked away. I sat at the counter and said to myself. "She doesn't look Italian-" I looked at Dylan. "Thirty!" he said while dancing. I walked out of there.

The next week I came up wit a plan. I sat at the counter and ordered water. I started to pretend cry and I splashed some water on my face to make it look like tears. I heard her say something and she walked over to me and sat next to me. "Hey it's okay, what's wrong? she asked. I looked at her. "My dog got hit my a car the other day!" I said while pretending to cry harder. "Hey it's okay." She looked around. "Well how about you sit down over there and have some breakfast with me?" She asked. I nodded "Okay." I said. We got up and walked over to the table. We talked for a while. "Wow how are you so good at comforting people?" I asked. "Well I'm a teacher and I usually comfort my students!." She said proudly. "Wow you're a teacher? Well I bet a lot of the kids in your class has crushes on you, If I were your student. I would." I said. She looked down, She smiled and said "Okay." I heard Mia from the back and lightly tapping Dylan. "If Brynn gets hurt, I'm cutting you with the butter knife!" She said. We walked outside together and talked. "I had a nice time." I said. "Me too." She got in her car. "Okay, Well see you around." I said while turning around. "Really? That's it?" She said. I turned around. "That's what?" "All that flirting and phony 'my dog died' stuff and you're not going to ask me out or for my phone number?" She asked. "My dog did die!" I said. "Oh, Shut up. That was one of the silliest excuse I've ever seen, but I thought: 'Hey, if this guy really wants to meet me...he might be worth talking to.' but then  I get stiffed." she said. "No, this is what happened- I-" I got cut off by her. "Good for you for the ego boost!' She said while pulling out. "You're right, I-I- My dog is alive! I didn't know he was alive!" I said running to Steve's car. I saw Mia picking up the phone from the pay phone and calling someone.

I followed Brynn too her house. I got out of the car and walked up to her house. I knocked on the door. A man opened the door. "Oh uh hi sir, I'm Sodapop..." I got cut off by him. "I know who you are." he said. He grabbed my arm and started pulling me somewhere. "I uh- wanted to apologize to your daughter." I said. "Not gonna happen." He said. "She's inside, We're gonna straighten things out." "Dad! the damn squirrels got in the garbage again!" I heard someone yell. I saw him, I guess it's Brynn's brother. "Is this the guy?" he asked. "Yeah, Mr. Curtis, I have one simple request: Stay the hell away from my daughter." he said. "Absolutely, I hurt her feelings and I didn't want to end it like that." I said. Her brother looked at me and said. "It's going to end like this." he ran after me and tackled me. "Carter calm down and get off of him!" Brynn's dad said. He got up then I got up. Carter said. "It's just my father and I work to hard to protect Brynn to let someone ruin it!" "I know all about you guys do and I really respect that." I said. "If you know about her condition, You know she can't have a normal relationship with a person because the next morning she won't remember who he is! Any guy that's okay with that, is not okay with me!" he yelled. "H-Hey I'm not looking for a one-night stand." I implied. "Anything with Brynn is a one night stand, you dummy!" Carter said. "Just stay away from the coffee shop, My daughter has been through enough," her dad said. I looked down. "Okay, I'm very sorry." I said. I walked back to the car, I got in and drove off.