Chapter 4

Note: I don't own Haikyuu and stuff.

Fukunaga hums as he listens to music, lost contently in his own world as he's still at the cafe. It's been over half an hour since he talked to Kuroo meaning he's been waiting a little over an hour. He's eaten his second muffin, emptied his coffee and gotten a refill after using the restroom before returning to his spot. He sets the large cup back onto the table as he looks for the next song he wants to listen to when this one ends, scrolling through the app while relaxing in the plush chair.

His feet gingerly swing with the toes of his shoes purposely grazing the floor and both earbuds back in, having forgotten to leave one out after a while. He doesn't hear the exuberant cry of his name or see the man bursting into the cafe way too ecstatically. Distractions are one thing he's really good at, as proven over his life.

"Bokuto! Calm yourself this instant!" Rose scolds the regular customer much like one would to an excitable young child not behaving. She absolutely adores the kind boy, but sometimes the amount of energy this one has can drive her up a wall.

"Oops! Sorry!" He laughs jovially in reply, energy not waning as he bounds over.

The tiny American shakes her grey curls before smiling at him again. "The usual?"

"Oooh! YES!!!" Another discontent look from the lady at shouting and he apologizes once more, still without an ounce of malice or sincerity. "Wait! No! I mean, yes to the stuff, but I'm actually here looking for someone today and it's not Akaashi!"

The high energy owl whips around, scanning the shop before landing on a sweet sight that just so happens to be exactly who he's looking for. He's standing there frozen before his hand dives into his pocket and yanks his phone out, desperate to capture the moment before it's lost forever. Quickly unlocking the device, the screen automatically opens on a text message from Kuroo of a picture of a cute cat he used to play against in an overly plush chair to say Bokuto found him (he means to anyway before he gets too distracted and forgets). It really is a good picture and now he has two, the one Kuroo sent and this one. His phone makes a shutter sound as he snaps it and giddily glances between the two, he's missed this guy.

Damn... He's so freaking adorable! The black and white dual haired man freaks out mentally with a goofy smile at his unexpected visitation, trying not to squeal like an excited schoolgirl... or swoon, but that's a bit late. Rose glances over his shoulder at the phone before smacking his arm with her knuckles lightly, making him jump.

"Gah! Don't scare me like that! I could have diiied~ Then what would you do?!" He theatrically grasps his chest as he flips around to face the older woman who merely raises an unimpressed eyebrow at him. This boy is just too much, as per usual.

"Have some peace and quiet, but you'll live I'm sure. Quit daydreaming already, your sweetheart's over by the window in back and he's been waitin long enough. He hasn't even complained about it, you should be thankful. I'd ream ya if I waited that long. Order'll be ready in a few, try not to destroy the place in the meantime." With that she waves towards the spot where the quiet cat's setting his cup back on the table after taking a sip and fiddling with his phone, completely oblivious to the world.

"Argh! He's not mine mine!" The owl boy flings his arm over his eyes after dropping his head back overdramatically. He isn't going to admit to the pink tint on his cheeks or the pout existing or the flare of desire and pride over being mistaken as involved with the cat romantically. He's a super manly man after all. Plus, Akaashi told him to stop pouting since he's a grown man now and grown men don't pout like children. The woman finds it all quite comical to be honest, shaking her head as she claims to know the look he was just giving the raven. "He's just mine like my friend! He's visiting and got lost so I'm here to collect him! It's a... a rescue mission!!!"