Chapter 35

Note: I don't own Haikyuu and stuff. NSFW. I'm so distressed... Fukunaga's eyes are a soft light ish brown like cinnamon or brown tourmaline. I was rewatching Riku vs Kuu and at one point they do flashing close ups on some of Nekoma's faces while up against Fukurodani, Fukunaga's one of them. I did screenshots and caught it. His eyes are like a soft or flattish cinnamon/brown tourmaline, not vibrant or anything. Not quite a solid darker one like chocolate or anything, but not bright like Kuroo's or Kenma's and other people's light amber or whatever. They're so soft they're almost flat or matte making them blend in. That said, I'm keeping the midnight/greyish blue that I imagine them as for my existing stories, but I don't know what I'll do about other ones or anything as of yet that I've written but haven't decided to publish or not.

When they return, the two ukes go about making dinner together after Kuro pulls Yaku aside for a short, hushed conversation (Fukunaga's preoccupied with an overexcited Bokuto who's so happy he's back that he's clinging) and chat away as the other two men flop in the living room doing the same and watching television.

"Hey bro?" Kuro lets his head roll against the cushion on the back of the couch, side eyeing the owl somberly with a frown as his expression clouds over.

"Yeah bro?" Bokuto stiffens a bit, not used to being under Kuroo's scrutiny.

"Don't hurt him, I'd hate to kill you. Don't make me regret this or have to do that, it'd be a bit lonely at my age to lose my best bud." Kuro smirks wryly, amber hues narrowing as Bokuto's widen almost comically as he sputters. "Plus, Fuku's a bit... sensitive sometimes. He may not seem like it, but he takes things to heart."

"Dude! As if! I'd never make him cry or anything, I'm not a monster!" Crossing thick arms as he slams his body into the cushions, Bokuto huffs sulkily as his eyes wander straight ahead to childishly glare at nothing. After a long tense moment, he heaves a sigh and shrugs as his shoulders fall dejectedly. "Sides... We aren't like that... I mean, we aren't together... or dating... or anything, yet! ...We're- ugh- we're just friends!" He cries dramatically while throwing his hands up, clearly unhappy.

"That's your fault. If you're so upset about it, then do something about it already other than whining." Kuroo brings his cup to his lips, eyes moving away from his long-time friend who gapes. "If not, someone else might steal his attention."

"Wha-?!" Bokuto's scandalized as Kuro grins slyly, jerking toward him and grabbing his shirt. The raven hastily sets his cup down, Bokuto shaking the life out of him mere seconds later. "What do you mean?! You have Yakkun and Kenma! You can't have my sweet little kitten too! I won't let you! You're being way too greedy man! It's not fair and I'd win if I had to!" He gasps theatrically, letting go to grab at his own head as images of other volleyball players from over the years flash through his mind, mostly strong ones. "Wait... What if it's someone else who tries?!"

A black brow raises, Kuro's flat look screaming how unimpressed he is. "Seriously?"

Bokuto whines as he nods, bottom lip jutting out and tears in his eyes as he pouts at the feline. "I don't want him to... pay attention to anyone else. It should be on me only, I'm amazing. I'm the only one who should get to see all sides of him too."

Kuro's other brow rises to match the first and a sneaky grin stretches his lips, chuckling lowly as he teases the owl. "Then why not make it a reality? After all, I couldn't ask for a better man to be with such a delicate soul. Just ignore the puns."

"...But I like the puns. I like how timid he can be and how stubborn he is sometimes. I like how he's himself and that he likes things I don't always expect. I like how he randomly surprises me. I do wanna date him and I'm super glad you guys are cool with that, to be honest I worried about what you'd say, but... mostly? I just want Sho to be happy. Have you seen him smile, like really smile when he's all happy and stuff?" Kuroo expects the owl to crack a bad marriage joke and is surprised when he gets the most serious outburst he's heard from the goofy bird to this day as Bokuto admits he wants the young cat, but he wants to make Fukunaga happy more than anything. It's surprising to say the least, especially considering how many rants and monologues Bokuto does. "He deserves to smile and it feels great making him happy." Speechless, Kuroo simply grins and claps him on the shoulder amicably.