Chapter 34

Note: I don't own Haikyuu and stuff. Imagine it being Fukunaga and Yaku instead of Kenma and Akaashi... So cute...

Bokuto runs into Kuro literally, both their classes having run late so they're late to see their coach. They groan in pain as they pick themselves up off the unforgiving floor, accusing each other of being at fault only to agree it was neither.

Turns out it's not just them, their coach called the whole team for a 'quick' meeting that also runs late to discuss expected behavior or some crap thanks to someone arguing with a teacher about a failing grade. In other words, complete crap.

By the time the pair get out, they're running towards the owl's apartment in a hurry with a quick stop off at the convenience store for dried squid. Kuroo doesn't want to, complaining how late they are. Bokuto's not going home without the promised squid, he's not that stupid. Kuroo laughs about him being whipped. Yaku had texted the tallest cat to let him know he's hanging out with Fuku at the bird's home earlier, jokingly telling him not to be late which is why they're rushing so badly. Joking or not, you never know with the demon libero and they aren't willing to make him mad or anything and get that disappointed mom look they all hate getting. They rush back out and make it to their destination, the door unlocked thankfully.

Or so they thought.

They expect to see the two right away like on the couch or in the kitchen too busy talking to notice they're being texted and called or some other valid and perfectly normal reason that's totally acceptable for why they've been ignore this much.

All they find are the two cellphones abandoned on the coffee table which explains the lack of responses to the worried pair, but not where they are or why. The last texts they received are almost identical from ages ago. Fukunaga telling the owl he invited them for late lunch after class, Yakkun telling Kuro they're staying for it.

It doesn't tell them where they are now though as they look around while taking their shoes off. The bird peeking into the studio and glancing on the balcony to find them empty while the cat checks- and uses- the bathroom. Confused, they check the last possible room together at a loss of what to do if they aren't there.

After walking in and confiscating the blanket to see what the lump in the bed is, they promptly have heart attacks while clutching their chests and try not to fanboy audibly as they fall over partially over such an abnormally sweet moment they never knew they needed so badly to see. Kuroo clutches the doorframe to stay upright, one hand tangled in his black shirt as Bokuto doesn't bother and just falls to his knees with tears in his eyes. They both bite their bottom lip to keep quiet any squeals of adoration, red coloring their cheeks as they wildly motion to each other about the sleeping boys though they don't dare make a noise in fear the moment will end all too soon. Granted, neither boy are that easy to wake up.

They whip their phones out to snap pictures and send them to everyone in their contact lists immediately. The two delicate cats curled together snoozing is just too cute to resist for the older troublesome pair, it's worth being killed over later.

They're left to their next problem, waking the demons disguised as angels.

"I'm too old to die today or nurse new bruises... You wake em up." The owl blinks at his bro's words in innocent confusion, cocking his head at the 'not it' response.

"What are you going on about? Why would we die, Yakkun really that bad or somethin?" He looks back to the pair skeptically as the raven blinks repeatedly.

The tall cat looks at him wide eyed before motioning to the youngest. "Morisuke? Nah man, I'm talking about the other demon. You've had to wake him up at some point by now surely? They're similar, but mine's less sleepy violent oddly enough. Just more so when awake whereas Fuku's passive when awake but sleepy violent, reversed basically. They're cuddly types normally, just have a few ticks each that need to be handled carefully. Mori wakes up a little slow and groggy but comes to fully easier, Fuku gets up a little faster but is a bit harder and longer on the groggy front. That's usually the end of Mori's issues though both can get vicious, like a watered-down version of Fuku's waking. I'm always the best choice for him." He motions to the libero with a smug grin, proud before he turns towards the other raven in the room with a grimace. "Fuku on the other hand responds best to my scent, but not me waking him up. Hates it. Tora usually does it, but he dislikes his smell so both options get violent often. He responds better to Inuoka's smell and presence next if we can calm him down to not be hyper which never really works. Doesn't like Lev's touch or voice, at all. Kenma won't even attempt it as he gets growled at almost immediately and just gives up. Even Yuki's not safe, overall best is my little demon. Problem is, if he's not completely awake he'll crawl in too. Then again, if it's early, so will Kenma." Kuroo sighs heavily despite looking amused.