Chapter 7

Note: I don't own Haikyuu and stuff.

Bokuto glances at his phone when it suddenly buzzes to see Kuro's messaging him, yet again, wondering why he's going to be killed this time and who exactly pissed in his cornflakes since he couldn't be bothered to answer the sly cat after that.

With a sigh, he decides to respond with a 'we'll talk about it later' then turns to his companion. Or what should have been, unfortunately said person is currently not there nor within sight of bright worried eyes that whip around in alarm.

He calls out 'lightly' multiple times trying not to disturb people and checking nearby aisles as he passes them, hitting the green phone button while it's still open on Kuro's text when he comes up empty handed. "A minute does not constitute later-"

"Dude I fucking lost him! He's gone! He was there, then he wasn't! He was probably kidnapped or taken by aliens or kidnapped BY aliens or-" The loud panicked voice greets the bedhead who simply sighs in response, yelling into the device to get the freaked-out owl's attention. The dual tone hasn't dealt with this yet of course.

"DUDE! You lost Fuku? I told you to watch him so we could avoid this. What's going on and where are you cause there's no way you lost him at your place. Well, unless he's under the bed. He does that sometimes." The other snickers while the owl tries to be offended at the teasing taking place rather than the queasy flipping of his stomach and unnerved state he's doing and feels is necessary. Instead, apparently, he's going to be made fun of when there's no way he could have known that this is why he's supposed to watch the pale boy instead of attention issues, the older raven could have been a bit more specific. That's it, he's done. Emo it is.

"That's what you meant by that? You could have just told me like a normal person or something. We're at the grocery store grabbing dinner... Why aren't you spazzing...? I feel like I'm being dumb now." His dejected mode kicks in, a whine lacing his words. He lost his friend who his bro entrusted to him, had to tell Kuroo he screwed up, said man is currently laughing at his dilemma of their mutual friend who's probably been eaten by dinosaurs being gone. It's just not right, damn it.

"First, go to where you lost him and tell me what aisles and stuff you see, if anything interesting's going on. Second, this happens a lot. Fukunaga has a tendency of getting distracted by something and going to it before realizing he's not with the group anymore. On top of that, his sense of direction is absolute shit to the point that it existing actually makes it worse. He gets lost frequently, more than Kenma and usually we pin someone on him for safety purposes, but we all keep an eye out because he's slippery and not even on purpose. Kenma may need a bell, but Fuku needs a damn leash. He'll usually stay put once he notices until he's found thanks to Mori. He used to keep wandering around making it near impossible to find him, once in a while he still does but nowhere near as often. What do you see?" He explains exasperatedly. They still can't find a system that works good enough.

Bokuto's back at the pizza cooler and is looking around critically, but nothing is there that isn't always there. "Bro, I really don't see anything. He's not here!"

Mori will kill me if we don't track him down, fast. Can't let him catch wind of this and if we aren't fast enough, Fukunaga will call him like he's been taught to then we'll really be screwed aka I'll be in trouble. Kuroo rubs at his temple while shaking his head, trying to figure out what to do when he can't see the place and Bokuto is being less than helpful with his emo mode mixing with panic. "Calm down. If nothing interesting sticks out right away, take a closer look. Fuku sees things most don't, his mind works a bit differently than most people's. What aisles are right there? Anything smell good? Something unusual around or maybe so usual you missed it?"