Chapter 14

Clarke's POV

I was standing on the main deck talking to my mother after the whole Titus thing.

"Clarke I wanted to apologize. I acted up and didn't think. I am sorry." She says. I know she doesn't mean it.

"I'm not the one you need to apologize to." I say bluntly rolling my eyes.

"What? Who am I supposed to apologize to?" She says and I open my mouth to speak but she cuts me off. "And you better not say Lexa."

I stare at her as if testing her. "Lexa. You need to apologize to her." I say looking up at the sails. She is on the sails tiring a rope. I can see all of her muscles from here. But I'm not looking at them.

"Clarke I'm not apologizing to her. She is a worker and she shouldn't have gotten involved." Abby says and I frown at her.

"Fine mom. Then I am going to be with the workers until you apologize to her. I will sleep in the same room as them. Eat their meals. Dress like them. See how you like it when I become one of them." I say nodding my head.

"Clarke I-" before she can speak I feel someone tap my shoulder in urgency. I turn and see Lexa smiling. She is a little sweaty which somehow makes me smile. No. Stop.

"Clarke come on!" She says turning. She turns back. "Let's go!" She says and she takes my hand and starts running to the side of the boat pulling me with her.

We stop at the rail and she points over it. I look into the water to see Dolphins jumping up at the boat. I gasp and stare at them with a smile.

"Lex- they are so close." I say pointing at them. I must look like a child in a candy store. I can feel her smirking at me. She squeezes my hand and I smile at you.

I hear someone clear their throat and we turn to see my mother standing there. Lexa quickly lets go of my hand and takes a step away from me. I frown. Abby comes and stands in between us and looks at the dolphins.

"Alexandra I would like to apologize for what I did to you today. It was immature of me. I am sorry." She says at the dolphins. Lexa scratches her neck uncomfortably.

"Uh. Ya no it's okay. I mean. If I were in the same position as you I would throw the person that was protecting my daughter to the ground." Lexa says and I smile a little. She is so stupidly sarcastic.

Abby looks at her and growls. "Now would you fetch me some water."

Lexa looks at me. She looks mad. She clenches her jaw. "I may be a girl ma'am but I am no maid." She says stiffly. "Clarke there are also dolphins on the other side of the boat." She says to me as she walks over to Luna. She says something to Luna and they both climb up the sails.

I sigh. "Clarke she is such a bad person." I look at my mother is shock.

"If you talk to me again I will hit you to the ground." I say with death eyes as I walk to the other side of the boat admiring the dolphins.

Lexa's pov

I am going n the sails with Luna. I feel the breeze that I love so much as I look out to the sea. I see dolphins jumping up and down.

"I am going to lose it on this boat." I say clenching my jaw.

"I know. But maybe if you clench you're jaw hard enough you could get clarke to kiss you." She says and I laugh. "What?! You clenching your jaw is hot. And that's coming from me. I despise you." She says and I give her a smirk. "That too. That could get Clarke."

"Okay I don't need you to tell me how to pick up chicks." I say rolling my eyes.

"Ya but Clarke isn't some random chick." Luna says and I look down at her by the edge of the boat looking at the dolphins. I smile lightly.

"Ya. She isn't some random chick. Luna her smile just makes me melt. I- I'm scared that every time she looks at me a wall breaks down. I'm scared I'm going to get hurt." I say just looking at Clarke.

"Ya but Lexa that's what happens. Us Woods. We fall in love with someone. We fall in deep. We won't know what will happen at the end of the road but we take it anyway. When us Woods love someone we will love them till our heart burns to ashs. Till our souls are dead and lost at sea. That's what Woods do. Love." Luna says and I look at her.

"Luna. I know it. I'm going to fall so hard for her. What she doesn't know is we aren't staying at America. We have to go back. And I don't want to break her. I know I'm going to have to leave her. I don't want to do that." I say looking back at the sea.

"But what will happen if you don't go in for it?" Luna asks. "Will she end up with Bel-"

"Don't finish that sentence." I say seriously and she chuckles.

"Just be. Romantic. I know you can." Luna says and I smirk.

***

Clarke's POV

Dinner was horrible and awkward. My mother didn't test me once though. Bellamy flirted with me which annoyed me a lot.

I was tired and just wanted to be away from those people.

I walk into my room to find a piece of parchment on my bed. It is folded up and has the name 'Clarke' scribbled across it. It's Lexa's hand writing.

I smile lightly as I walk over and open the note.

Through the storm and through the clouds
Bumps on the road and we're upside down
I know it's hard to sleep at night
Don't you worry
'Cause everything's gonna be alright

I'll be waiting on the docks if you want to get away.

Signed 𝓐𝓦

I smile at the paper and grab my coat. I sneak out of my room and went up to the top deck. I turn to see Lexa lighting a candle. There are some blankets laying on the floor with some pillows. She turns and gives me a light smile.

She scratches the back of her neck, "I don't have access to more comfortable things so I'm sor-"

I cut her off my hugging her. She wraps her arms around me and buries her head in my neck. I I slowly let go of her and she lets go of me. We lay down on the blankets and look up at the beautiful stars. It is silent.

"Lexa... why do you fight with my mother so much?" I ask.

"Cause fake it till you make it doesn't work for me. I'm not a maid so don't treat me like one. Also she doesn't treat you right when you deserve more than the universe it's self." She says honestly.

"And why do you think of me that way?" I say turning my head to her. "Why do I deserve the world."

She turns her head to me. "Because I care about you Clarke." She says and her eyes glow in the darkness of the night.

"Lexa if you had to make a list of people you cared about... how long would it take for you to get to yourself?" I ask lightly.

"Clarke. You are so selfless and that's something that I- I think is truly amazing about you. Honestly I think that.... it would be better if I wasn't here. I'm pretty low on my list of people I care about and that list isn't big." She says looking back up that the stars. I scoot closer so our shoulders are touching.

"Please tell me Bellamy is below you on the list." I say and she laughs.

"He isn't even close to being on the list." She says and we both laugh.

We lay there talking for a while when I start falling asleep. She walks me to my room. We have our pinkies linked. She stops at my door. She brushes a hair out of my face.

"Good night Ms Sailor." I say to her.

"Good night Princess." She says with a smirk as she turns and walks away.

Lyrics from 'Be Alright'  by Justin Bieber