Chapter 12

Clarke's POV

My mother leads me over to a table that has Titus, Bellamy, and Lincoln all sitting around talking with a stack of cards being past around. I join them.

"Hey Clarke." Lincoln says with a handsome smile. Wow are these Woods siblings attractive. And like. Titus isnt attractive. I really wonder what their mom looked like.

"Hello." I say and Titus started passing out cards. Little do this guys know I'm a master at poker.

Luna and Raven walk over smiling like dorks. I smirk at Raven and give her a look saying 'i know.'

They sit down and Titus passes them cards.

"Well this party is fun however what is the reason we are celebrating?" Bellamy asks sorting through his cards.

Luna's smile fades and Lincoln just focuses on his cards. Titus shifts uncomfortably in his seat.

"I was told it's a party to celebrate our successful take off from the docks." I say nodding at Luna and she nods back.

Bellamy shrugs his shoulders and we make our bets. I feel someone pull up a chair behind me. I turn my head to see Lexa looking over my shoulder at my cards.

She looks at them and then looks at me. She stare at eachother and my mother clears her throat.

"I'll call." I say and everyone folds except Bellamy.

"Bad call Mr. Blake." Lexa says behind me and I can feel her smirk as he glares at her.

We place our cards down and I won. I take the coins from the center and pass my cards to Titus for him to shuffle.

"How is your stomach Lexa?" Bellamy asks from across the table. He has a slight smirk.

"It's fine. Not as dented as your ego." Lexa says leaning back in her chair. Bellamy's smirk turns into a growl and Luna burst out laughing.

I giggle.

"You can not talk to me like that girl." He says pointing at her from across the table.

"eh I got enough ribs to mess with you a little more." Lexa says shrugging.

Bellamy stands up and slams his hands on the table.

"Woah mate!" Lexa says standing up and pulling my chair away from the table. She stands in front of me. "Let's just play some poker. No need to make a scene." Lexa says and Bellamy frowns and sits back down. Lexa nods and pushes my chair back in and pulls her chair up so now she isn't behind me but she is next to me.

Titus deals us all again. We put our cards down and then we get our new cards.

Lexa leans over and whispers to me. "Luna has a tell... when she has a good hand she gulps." Lexa says and then leans back to her chair. I look up and see Luna gulp a little.

"Okay Luna it's your deal what do you wanna do?" Titus asks her.

"Oh I guess I'll call." Luna says throwing in some money into the pot. We go around the table and everyone calls to her. Lexa and I look at each other and fold.

Everyone lost to Luna. They lost a lot of money but Lexa and I had some good money left.

I smile at her and she smirks at me.

"Erm Captain it's time for the thing." A sailor says and Titus nods.

"Thank you, Adam." He says and stands up. "You guys may join us if you like." He says nodding his head and walking off. Lexa clenches her jaw and stands up. She walks off with Titus. Luna Raven and Lincoln follow along after.