Chapter 36

"I think I am going to throw a party. You know, as a welcome to America for us." Bellamy says while looking up from his paper. My mother and I are both sitting on the couches silently. My mother is knitting and I was reading until Bellamy told me to put the book down. Apparently the book case is leather and shouldn't be touched.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea! We can invite Richard from next door. You know his wife, Margret, has quite a mouth. The whole town will know about the party in no time." Abby says to Bellamy who nods with a smile.

"I could show off my new fiance." Bellamy says while a smile towards me while both him and my mother chuckle. The doors of the living room up and Octavia walks in. I give her a look telling her that Bellamy is about to rip into her about sleeping in, "Look who's up."

"Sorry, Bellamy. I was tired and slept past sunrise." Octavia says while sitting on the couches across from me and picking up the book that I was told to put down.

"Put that down," Octavia listens to her brother, "That's an expensive book. And you should know that your maid is going to get a strict punishment for letting you sleep so late. It is almost noon." Bellay rolls his eyes at his sister.

"Trouble sleeping?" I ask Octavia with a knowing smirk. She tries to hide her smile.

"Yes. New place. I will be better tomorrow." Octavia says witha knowing look at me. We both silently tell each other we were with a Woods sibling last night.

"You better be." Bellamy scoffs then calls out, "William!" The blonde man with nice clothes walks over to Bellamy, ready for instructions, "Inform all the maids and servents that we are having a party. Make sure the cheif knows so he can send word out to the farm and stables." I think about Lexa when he says stables. She is going to have a long night, caring for horses of other rich snobs.

"Yes sir." William says and starts walking out.

"Oh, and, William," Bellamy stops him, "Tell Reyes to bring us our tea. It was supposed to be here 15 minutes ago." William nods and leaves as I glare at Bellamy. No one bosses Raven around. I make a mental note to go check on her and see how she is doing. This can't be easy for her.

Titus walks in with nice clothes on. It looks like he got fit for suits. Bellamy is spoiling him, "Good afternoon." He says while he walks in and hands Bellamy a sheet of paper, "These are the names of the whole crew and their jobs here."

Bellamy reads over the list and glances up at me, "And what is the job of the stables do exactly?" He asks Titus while he looks at me. He must have read Lexa's name there.

"Um... well sir. It is not fun." Titus chuckles and Bellamy looks up at hi with a little smile.

"Thank you, Titus. You are going to be a wonderful addition to our family." Octavia and I look at each other. You can tell in our eyes we are mentally gagging. The door opens again and Raven walks in with tea, "There you are." Bellamy rolls his eyes and puts his paper down.

"Sorry. I lost track of time." Raven says while glancing at me. I give her the 'I am so sorry he is doing this to you' eyes. She nods at me and puts the tea on the counter. It seems like Octava, Raven, and I are all tellapathic. Very impressive.

"Yes, well, you will ind yourself to be on tiem tomorrow. We need to get into a schedule." Bellamy picks up his tea and looks around at everyone, silently inviting us to get ours. I hate this man right here.

***

I look at the dress my mother picked out. It is beautiful, but expensive. We could have spent this money on an expantion to the small house that all the crew live in. There is a knock on my door and I open it. There stands Raven. Here eyes look weak and tired.