Chapter 34

"What?" I ask in shock of his proposal. Is this really how I am going to get Lexa back? Is this what it is going to take because I don't know if I can do this.

"Marry me, Clarke. Become Mrs. Blake. We could rule this town with the business I am building up. You will have all the riches you want and I will make you the happiest woman in the world." I just stare at the man. He really thinks that's what love is. He really thinks that is what I wan in life.

"Why?" Is all I can say. Honestly the real question is 'Why are you such an idiot' but I thought against saying that.

"Why? Why do I want you to marry me? Well if Lexa is going to come back I want her to respect labels. You will be mine and she will have to respect that. Even if she didn't, I could give her a good whipping to remind her to be mindful." Bellamy explains. I cringed at the thought of him hurting her because she simply talks to me. I

"Bellamy... I told you I don't want to mar-" Bellamy stops me by putting a finger on my lips. This man is on my last nerve but to get everyone back I would have to marry him. I don't know if I can do it

"Think of your next words carefully because those words will decide if I let the Ark crew work here or not." Bellamy says and he takes his finger off my lips, "Now, what is your answer?"

I think for a moment. Is this really happening. The man I hate most in the world is asking me to marry him so I can bring back the woman I care most about in this world. I have to get her back. Not only her but I have to get Luna and Lincoln back. I have to say, "Yes."

Bellamy smirks and leans down to kiss me. I move head a little so he kisses my cheek. I put my arm around Bellamy's we walk back to the house. Bellamy is holding a confident smirk while we walk. Once we make it to the house I glare at Bellamy who is reminded of his part of the deal.

"William." Bellamy calls out. A man the same age as Bellamy walks up to us, "Go find Captain Titus at the docks and tell him I am buying him and his crew to work at my farms." William nods, "And be quick about it." Bellamy calls out to William who starts jogging out of the house.

Bellamy leads me to the living room where my mother and Octavia were looking at curtain options. Raven is standing in the corner of the room, waiting for her service to be needed. Both Octavia and Raven look up at me with hope in there eyes. I get what they are asking me and I nod. Both of them have relief on their faces.

"Abby. Your daughter and I have something we wish to tell you." Bellamy says to my mother who keeps her eyes focused on the fabrics in front of her. She has her glasses on the bridge of her nose.

"What is it, darling?" She asks while picking a fabric up and studying it.

"Clarke and I are getting married." Bellamy says with triumph. Everyone's eyes in the room go wide.

"What?" Both my mother and Raven say. They each had different tones however. Abby is excited and happy, whereas Raven is confused and full of sorrow for me.

"Yes. My love here has finally come to her senses." Bellamy laughs with my mother. The two hug and smile at each other.

"Let's go talk about the wedding." Abby says to Bellamy as the two leave the room. As soon as the door closes I fall to my knees and burst out in tears. Both Raven and Octavia rush to the floor and hold me.

They just hold me as I cry. After I calm down a little, they help e to the couch and each sit with me.

"What happened?" Raven asks me.

"He said he would buy them... only if I marry him." I explain and hold back the remainder of the tears I have.

"Clarke... why would you agree to that. You won't be happy." Octavia puts her hand on my leg and I shake my head.