☾My Secrets☆

Beep! Beep! Beep! I slap the snooze button on my alarm clock. I get dressed up and eat a bowl of cereal. I finish, wash my bowl and text my best friend Kyla. Honestly she is one of the few friends I have here in New York. I moved here a year ago for college and that's where I met Kyla. We mostly had the same classes together and clicked.

My parents are all the way in Minnesota living in a beautiful mansion with my two brothers and sisters. I left because I wanted to see how it is to live on your own and have a job. I want to know how it feels to earn your hard worked money than have it handed to me.

I live in an apartment that I pay on my own. My parents did help me with the first few months on my own until I got the hang of it and I thank them for that. They visit me once a year and I usually visit them twice a year or when I have the chance. Kyla thinks that I come from a middle class family but I don't.

I wanted people to like me for me and not my money my family has. I don't want people to treat me as a more important person or use me and be fake. I'm waiting to tell her at the right time. Kyla is the most sweetest person and when I was going through a tough time being on my own, she helped and encouraged me to keep going on.

Kyla and I have the same birthday on November 18th and celebrated our 18th birthday party a week ago together and went partying with some of our friends. It was fun to see the sweet and quiet Kyla to a crazy and bubbly one. Kyla and I also graduated high school at the age of 16 and came to the same college at age 17.Her brother on the other hand is an asshole. He's only a year older than her and he thinks he can just tell her what to do. Roman is like the regular snobby rich kids. He thinks he owns the place, and doesn't even care if he gets in trouble because he can just buy himself out of it.

I remember disliking him when I came to their house (I mean huge mansion). I was supposed to meet Kyla so we can go shopping together and I was walking to the living room. Until I heard a thump, and I checked to see where it came from. I saw Roman push Kyla to the wall and told her. "Shut up, I'm older than you and your gonna do what I'll tell you to do princess". That got me angry, so I pushed Roman off Kyla.

Roman and Kyla both had surprised faces that I saw what happened moments before. I walked closer to Roman, looked him in the eye and told him. "She's a lady, and she deserves your respect, I don't ever want you speaking to your sister or anyone in that matter". I dragged Kyla away, leaving Roman in the hallway alone. Telling me to meet up at our usual spot, which is in the library. I go to our table and wait for a little bit.

Then I see a familiar girl with dark brown hair and green eyes. "Hey Alex". She plops herself right by me. "Hey Kyla, so how's it been at home lately". Her brother has been in a horrible attitude this week. "It's fine, Roman is getting better and less annoying now". She says with a shrug. She then smiles and takes something from her backpack and hands me an invitation. "It's for my brother's graduation party, and your going". As soon as she said my brother I had a frown on my face.

"Awww don't be like that Alexandria". "Be like what Kyla, I have no idea what your talking about". She makes her pouty face which by the way is adorable. "And afterwards you can stay the night and watch movies, and the day after go shopping for early Christmas presents. Roman is a smart guy but arrogant as fuck.

"Anyways my parents love you, and want you to come". I finally give into her. "Fine, Kyla I'll go". She hugs me and jumps up and down. "I knew you would say yes". We head off to our first class together, sit down and wait for class to start. Our professor comes in, assigns us homework and that of course will be due tomorrow. The classes go by fast and I go home at noon. I do my homework and eat lunch. I then get a text from Kyla.

From:☯ Kyla

Since today is Wednesday I was thinking of going to the mall tomorrow so we have enough time to find something to wear to the graduation on Saturday. So I thought that we can go to the mall tomorrow after our classes to buy something to wear!!!! And thank goodness we don't have school this Friday! :)

I send her text back, saying its fine. I go to my living room and watch some TV. Around three I go out to the store and buy a frozen pizza so I can put it in the oven later. I invite Kyla over and ask her if she wants to sleep over. She responds back saying of course and says she will come at five. There's a knock at the door, and check that its Kyla and open the door. "I made cupcakes, and your favorite"! Kyla says excited. "I don't see them". I see that Kyla doesn't have the triple chocolate chip cupcakes she makes.

"Well, I kinda forgot about them, and I just remembered about them". She says with a sad smile, but then she smiles again. "But I texted my brother to bring them and he said he would". "Kyla"! I look at her and glare at her. "I know you don't like my brother but I only did it for you, so you can have the cupcakes".

She walks towards me and gives me a hug. "Just for you and your cupcakes Alex". I can't turn down her delicious cupcakes. "Ok, Kyla for the cupcakes". I hug her back. While we wait for her brother to come with the cupcakes, I put the frozen pizza in the oven.

Kyla and I go back to the couch and watch tv. We hear a knock on the door. I check and I see that its Roman. "It's your brother, Kyla". I turn and look at her. "Well don't stand there open the door"! I open the door and Roman is there with the cupcakes in his hands. We stay looking at each other in silence until Kyla speaks up. "Thanks Roman for bringing the cupcakes". He takes his eyes off me and then looks at his sister.

"Yea, whatever here". He hands them to Kyla and turns to leave. I whisper to Kyla. "How rude, he doesn't even say bye to you". I wouldnt't care if he didn't say bye to me. "Its ok, he's probably still on his man period". "Haha oh my gosh Kyla". Kyla and I start cracking up and go back inside.

The pizza is finally ready and we take the pizza and cupcakes to the living room. We watch a movie and eat our pizza and cupcakes. "Omg Kyla your cupcakes are the best". "Eww Alex, close your mouth, haha". We both start cracking up and continue watching. We both get tired and change into our pj's and go to sleep.