Epilogue) Heartbroken

I tried to savor the moment as best as possible. Luke and I had been dating for two and a half months now, and soon he would have to leave. It hurt me to think of what was coming, but even I didn't have the power to stop it. For our date, Luke drive us to the Santa Monica Pier. On the way, I couldn't help but silently cry beside him in the passenger seat. This would be our last date.

When we got there we went on as many rides as we could and he bought us ice cream. Soon, four hours had passed, and it was time. We stood together on the pier and I looked out on to the ocean.

"Luke," I said, struggling with the words. "You're moving soon, and...and it'll be hard. Hard for us to have a long d-distance relationship. We have....have t-to..."

"I can't do this Luke!" I cried. "I know we haven't been dating long but I'll miss you. I don't want you to leave, and I don't have the heart to do it. I miss you already."

Luke cupped my face and held it in front of his. I looked in his eyes and I could see the pain in his eyes, and I knew it was going to be hard on him just as hard as it was going to be on me.

"Miranda," he said. "There's n-nothing we can do. As much as i-it's going to hurt me and you...I wish I could stop it. Maybe, while I'm gone...maybe you'll meet someone else. Maybe it's for the better."

"But I don't want someone else!" I cried. I held onto his hand and a tear fell. "I want to be with you."

"And I want to be with you, but you have to let me go." Finally, I gave up. He held onto my hand and I held onto his as I took a deep breath.

"Luke," I struggled to say. "I-I know it's going to be hard, but it's going to be harder to have a long distance relationship. We...We have to break up."

He nodded. Another tear ran down my cheek as his hands slipped out of my grasp, and he walked away. I walked in the other direction, and for a second I could feel his eyes still on me. I turned around but he was already far from my view. I probably won't know if he looked back.

The morning of the day I broke up with Luke, my mother pulled me aside and gave me advice. "I know it's going to be hard." She said. "And I can't help but feel you're pain. But if you truly love something, you have to let it go. And if it comes back to you, it's truly yours." And so, I let Luke go.

We had decided it would be too hard to drive back home together after we broke up, so my mom picked me up from there while he drove back. While I was waiting for her, I let a few tears fall down until I was crying a river of tears.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

I opened my eyes, and I relived it all over again. I sat up from my bed, where sometimes I spent hours thinking about Luke. We could always FaceTime or text each other, but like a long distance relationship, it wasn't the same as being with him.

It has been almost a whole year without Luke, and he promised to come a year after our break up, after he graduated high school. Maria would come back too, and finish her final year back here. I waited eagerly every day for the doorbell to ring or for a knock at the door, but it hadn't come yet.

Chris and Maria started dating shortly after Luke and I did, but unlike us, they stayed together for a while. About two months after Maria and Luke moved away, Maria and Chris found it too hard to handle the long distance relationship and broke up like Luke and I did. Soon Alyssa and Chris grew a bit closer to Carmen and me.

After Luke and I broke up, Alyssa, Chris, and Carmen tried to make it up to me, but it didn't work. I would cry for what seemed like hours and hardly get out of my room.

Anyway, like I said earlier, I sat up from my bed where I was thinking when I heard the doorbell ring and a small knock. It was probably Carmen and Alyssa, come for their weekly visit. Or maybe it was Chris, who usually came for comfort. Since we both had gone through a break up, we usually comforted each other when we were thinking back.

I stood up and went to the door. When I opened it, it wasn't Alyssa, Carmen, or Chris. It was Maria! She was here with her parents, smiling with joy and excitement. Of course they seemed to be those kind of parents who stay in the background, but still they smiled.

"Maria!" I exclaimed. "You're here a month earlier than you said you'd be here!"

"Well," she explained. "Let's say I worked some things out to come earlier!"

I looked around, but I could feel that something was missing. Then I realized that someONE was missing.

"Maria," I asked, my voice filled with a mix of disappointment, hurt and confusion. As if she knew what I was going to ask, Maria's smile faded. "Where's Luke?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello people of Wattpad! Muhahaha! I left you on the biggest cliffhanger! If you are freaking out like my good friend (who know who you are), I am happy to see that my book makes you eager to know what will happen next. Or at least made you read the next chapter! I am sad to say, however, I have officially finished this book! *tears streaming down my face* I just live how it turned out, didn't you? Before I close off, I would like to acknowledge a few people.

First, I would like to thank Carmen Juarez for helping me with most of this book. I guess you could say, she was my co-writer. If it hadn't been for you and Cristina's help and advice, I'm sure it wouldn't be as good.

Next, I would like to thank Cristina Madrigal for also helping me with this book. Keep on writing Cristina!

Last but never least, would like to thank Cristal Mercado. Without you my friend, I'm sure I would've taken forever to update. Thank for loving my book so much!

Also, I would like to thank all of you people of Wattpad you read my book page by page. Unless you're one of THOSE people who don't read, which I'm sure you're not, so thank you!

I'm sure you, like Cristal Mercado and others I have thanked, are freaking out about Luke. What has happened to him? You might say, but I won't tell you. I am planning to make a sequel, though not anytime soon. Maybe if I get a certain number of reads I will make a sequel, but in the mean time I am working on a new book I will be posting soon. So be sure to check it out when it comes out!

Until next book,

Lina1028